Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: As if I\'m paying $27 for Shipping!

Drive to the bookstore already, then. It's a no-brainer, or am I missing something?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drive to the bookstore already, then. It's a no-brainer, or am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

the issue is that I've ordered several books from 2+2 in the past, and have only ever had to pay about $5 in shipping.

wtf has changed?

Adam
Old 06-19-2005, 07:41 PM

To me it's a no brainer to ship it USPS. Otherwise you're paying an extra $18 for insurance when it's delivered with Fedex. You don't need to pay $18 for insurance on a $30 book. I'm sure if the worst case scenario strikes, that you could afford to order the book again.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Screenshot

Slow postal deliveries in Canada, if memory serves, have been a way of life for 20 years. (I recall one incident in my childhood where a letter my dad sent one of his aunts to tell her when we'd visit, a month before our trip, arrived the day after we got there. Admittedly that was around the time of the strikes....)

But $9 is the Global Priority Mail rate, and should normally get a book to any of 50 countries in 3 to 5 days.

Any of you who live in places a long way from your supplier, take note of a general principle: Postal Service charges flat rates based on weight and country, UPS Fedex etc charge by weight *and distance*... i.e., UPS is cheaper if you're ordering from a couple states away, more expensive coast to coast, MUCH more expensive if you're in Alaska like I am.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slow postal deliveries in Canada, if memory serves, have been a way of life for 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply untrue.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:52 AM

Standard shipping for this order is $5.50. Standard shipping in the US is via UPS Ground or US Mail at our discretion.

The following choices apply for the 1 item to be shipped from ConJelCo's Northern California warehouse

Standard Shipping
UPS Next Day Saver: add $37.70
UPS 2nd Day: add $17.20
UPS 3 Day: add $12.90

I'm in US, though. Try asking Conjelco as they do some of the shipping.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the issue is that I've ordered several books from 2+2 in the past, and have only ever had to pay about $5 in shipping.

wtf has changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the book business, and regularly ship to Canada. Conjelco is offering you US Airmail for $9.90. That service for a typical book costs $7.00 in postage (unless you want economy, 4-6 week service), plus you have to fill out the customs form, plus you have to personally take it to the Post Office, plus you have the cost of material and labor to package it. Trust me, they aren't getting rich on this stuff.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:26 PM

Don't forget that you'll pay more than the $27 for shipping from Fedex. They also charge you a brokerage fee for clearing the item through customs.

The last time I got something via Fedex, the brokerage fee was 30% of the price!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:34 PM

Anyone wanna start a canadian poker book distribution? I can represent western canada from calgary.

I'm also tired of the inflated shipping costs. I ended up ordering HoH 1 & 2 from ebay for Total US$54.44 including shipping for both books.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Heh...I paid $30 U.S. after expidited shipping to get it at Amazon.com