Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: He\'s got aces damnit!!

Folding that flop after just calling preflop would be one of the weakest lines I've ever seen for this type of hand.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a situation where it is absolutely right to fold a set, and I should be crucified for calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I don't think it's absolutely right at all. Maybe a little right, maybe a little wrong. You certainly shouldn't be crucified for the call. I'm autocalling here.
Edit: I also agree with re-raising PF.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, first off, what is up with the translation of this hand as far as the dollar amounts go, it looks all messed up if you look close.

Second, if he pushed all in that would put you previous to the all in with about a $12 investment and now needing to go $17 more to match his all in which should put the whole pot at $60

if this is a $25 buy in game I think I would call just because of the bad players calling with any A or K etc...

if this were a $100 or higher buyin i might toss it cause the guy has potentially a ton of outs to take you out especially if your read on him is close. he' could be four to a flush, already have a pair of AA's giving him a set, if AK he has a good chance of catching a boat and if A or K or both are spades he could catch the boat or flush, If I were him I would definately push on you.

Hind sight is 20/20 though, hard to toss a set of K's

If you were going to push yourself I think it should have been on the flop after his first raise.

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes NO sense. You're well ahead of a four flush. AK has 2 outs against you. The A and K on the board are both spades so there's no way he can even have either of those pair PLUS have a flush draw. AA is way way ahead of you. You are way way ahead of every other possible hand.

If he's raising 6% of hands QQ is in there. As is AK. I believe JJ and AQ are in the top 6% also. Stop being so results oriented.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Although 6% does include those hands, he is not going to push so hard on that board if he has QQ or JJ.

This is my thought process though, in case your wondering.

Oooo... Kings, time to raise it when it gets to me. Hmm.. 8x BB raise already in front of me, he absolutely 100% has a big pair. I don't want to give away the strength of my hand yet, so I'll just call (on the button) so that I can stack him on a low flop.

Flop:
Sweet, a King! But I'm probably not getting much out of this hand unless he has AK. What the, he bet! Ok time to raise him a little so that he'll reraise with his AK and I can push him in. Er... he went all in... now what. Ok let's think, he raised 8bb preflop, which I've only seen him do with QQ so far, but he probably isn't pushing here with QQ. He probably has AA, but I'm going to hope that he also raises 8bb preflop with AK.

Me right before I called: "I think you have AA, but I can't lay this down"

Him: "Ok"

CALL. Damn... spades, I lost this pot no matter what now. Ohhhh... AA, that makes sense.

The end.