Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: QTs flops a straight

This hand pretty much plays itself. Flop check raise is perfect. The only option I see is calling the flop 3-bet and trying to check raise the turn. CApping seems best though.

After the heart hits on the river the overcall is the only way to play it. It looks like someone was freewheeling with the made straight and the flush draw on the turn and jamming the pot- mabye TJs [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or ATs [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You were going to split the pot but he rivered a heart?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:26 PM

We only have to fear that the other players in the hand will catch a card to make a one card straight. I don't think this is a big enough fear to blow everyone out on the flop.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We only have to fear that the other players in the hand will catch a card to make a one card straight. I don't think this is a big enough fear to blow everyone out on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the PF raise, wouldn't you think CO could have AK and have a decent chance of filling up on the turn or river? Or is this overthinking?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:58 PM

We can't really fold CO if he has two pair.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:02 PM

Of course - same if he has a set.

I guess the discussion we were having is with a made hand like this and given the texture of the board, do we want more opponents or less to come along to the river? If it were a lower straight, the answer is easy. But with a board where there is a chance you could get outdrawn, does this change?
Old 06-17-2005, 02:12 PM

Personally I like check/call the flop, check-raise the turn. I'm not really worried about the CO checking behind on the turn, as if he is that weak he'd probably fold straight up to a flop-checkraise.

But it's close. Generally I approve of a flop check-raise in spots like this, but I just don't see CO checking the turn, like, ever, so I think this is a safe spot to wait for the turn.

Will
Old 06-17-2005, 03:06 PM

I don't get it. If my opponents had sets a two pairs, they wouldn't fold to two bets on the flop I don't think.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. If my opponents had sets a two pairs, they wouldn't fold to two bets on the flop I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But aside from that - given our hand and this flop, do we want many people coming along to the river or not?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:01 PM

It they come along getting incorrect drawing odds, great. If they come along getting correct drawing odds, great. I don't mind if they come along or not.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It they come along getting incorrect drawing odds, great. If they come along getting correct drawing odds, great. I don't mind if they come along or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was kind of the cruz of our discussion. With a draw heavy board like this, do you want more customers or to try to win it right there. Thanks for all the feedback - it is appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]