Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: QJo TP River Trouble

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the answer is that I can figure out roughly what he's got based on how he reacts, and I'd like to charge the flush if possible.

Also, flop raise + turn bet + river check = one small bet better than calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

you aren't charging the flush draw. do a search for the ed miller post about this - it's good.

i think raising for info is weak - especially in these micro limit games. what did you find out in this hand? a lot of things have to go right for you to get your cheaper showdown, and works best against passive opponents. it's a risky move. none of this seems worth that extra sb.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got gang-raped like a 16 year old in a prison shower on valentine's day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever, you played this hand fine.

Don't be results oriented, realize that against loose players you will have to put them on a wide range of hands so you are going to end up putting multiple bets in with the worst hand sometimes. That is just a side effect of playing against bad players. In evaluation of this hand you can't say "how did i give up so many bets to AA/6x" you have to realize the limited information that you had at the time. Although I think calling the flop and raising a safe turn might be better here, you didn't "get gang raped" on this hand. Far from it.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:22 PM

FTOP?

The reason I was upset with the high wsd number is that I thought his hand was better than mine (SB's), but perhaps incorrectly tried to push him off of it.

I don't really understand waiting for a safe turn card currently. I'll be reviewing that section of SSHE shortly. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Glad you think the river call was good, though.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FTOP?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fundamental theorem of poker

People that go to SD a ton often make these kinds of errors on the flop and turn, IE drawing to just overcards getting 5-1 etc.