Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Daniel vs Barry

While i agree Daniel admits when he's lucky against other opponents. Barry is someone that Daniel wants to be bad for reasons even beyond 500k. Daniel will hate losing to Barry more than anyone on the planet. And if he loses more of these matches than he wins it is likely he will say it was bacause of luck rather than saying Barry is better than him. Even if he thought he was outplayed jmo.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:20 AM

I find it funny that DN was crushing him in the Omaha game at the start and said he was hitting a lot of flops. Seems like hes only winning when he has cards, which would clearly show he's getting outplayed. I like his one update too where he says "BG was drawing dead until river". Showing BG sucked out again, and he needed to add the emphasis that he was drawing head. Obviously if he was drawing head he wouldn't have won the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 01:25 AM

Also funny where he says he had BG all but dead with KK and a straight draw and needed an A,2,5,6 or K. Having 17 outs with presumably 2 cards to come gives him about 60% chance of winning the hand, hardly the huge bad beat DN makes it seem like.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also funny where he says he had BG all but dead with KK and a straight draw and needed an A,2,5,6 or K. Having 17 outs with presumably 2 cards to come gives him about 60% chance of winning the hand, hardly the huge bad beat DN makes it seem like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the link again--it has the details on the two hands where BG was all-in.

DN- K K 3 4
BG- Q 10 8 6
Flop: Q 2 5
Turn: 10
River 9

DN- A K 9 4
BG- K J 10 10
Flop: K 9 5
Turn: 5
River:5

It doesn't say when BG was put all-in. You presumed it was on the flop and Daniel was the dog--well, seems to have been the other way around, if the money was put in on the flop. If the money was put in on the turn, pot odds certainly demanded a call by Daniel if it was Barry who moved in. But I think it's most likely that Daniel put Barry all in on the flop.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:53 AM

So on the second hand when he complains about getting the huge suckout, even though he was a dog before the flop count? The whole point is every hand DN loses he got sucked out huge, but his are skill somehow. Hes getting out played in every match hes played except Mimi, and will continue to lose. Sure you need cards too, but I find it hard to believe the 4 matches he lost so far his opponent sucked out every hand like he makes it seem.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DN- K K 3 4
BG- Q 10 8 6
River 9

DN- A K 9 4
BG- K J 10 10

It doesn't say when BG was put all-in. You presumed it was on the flop and Daniel was the dog--well, seems to have been the other way around, if the money was put in on the flop. If the money was put in on the turn, pot odds certainly demanded a call by Daniel if it was Barry who moved in. But I think it's most likely that Daniel put Barry all in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-17-2005, 03:37 AM

This is all so silly. A single match like this is going to come down to luck most of the time. Everyone knows this. When someone loses 250K in an hour, it is safe to say they were not simply "outplayed". There is no need to quantify the bad luck by counting how many flush draws someone misses. If Daniel simply says "I wasn't catching the cards" most intelligent people will understand just as well as if he explains every bad beat.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hes getting out played in every match hes played except Mimi, and will continue to lose. Sure you need cards too, but I find it hard to believe the 4 matches he lost so far his opponent sucked out every hand like he makes it seem.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) you have no idea if he's being outplayed or not, you're just guessing

2) He never said he was unlucky against Cassidy, he had nothing but praises for the guy

3) I find it really hard to believe DN would be so blinded by is "hate" towards BG that he would completly fail to see when he was outplayed and would try so hard to get a rematch in stud.

4) He's dominating the current hu
Old 06-17-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DN- K K 3 4
BG- Q 10 8 6
River 9

DN- A K 9 4
BG- K J 10 10

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not claiming that I have out played Daniel. I never bother to make subjective claims like that. But the reporting of the hands is comical. On the hand where Daniel had the two Kings, he didn't raise the flop. I made two pair on the turn and THEN we put the money in with one card to come.

The hand where I had KJ1010, they conveniently forgot to say that I flopped a straight flush draw. I also could have made two higher pair. I had 18 outs with two to come, and I backdoored a strange full house.

Barry
Old 06-17-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not claiming that I have out played Daniel. I never bother to make subjective claims like that. But the reporting of the hands is comical. On the hand where Daniel had the two Kings, he didn't raise the flop. I made two pair on the turn and THEN we put the money in with one card to come.

The hand where I had KJ1010, they conveniently forgot to say that I flopped a straight flush draw. I also could have made two higher pair. I had 18 outs with two to come, and I backdoored a strange full house.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

In his blog he explains when the money went in as well as the suits. He states that he was an underdog each time and lists the percentages (although I didn't take the time to check them).

His blog didn't sound pretentious and seemed as fair as player can be expected to sound.

His blog:
[ QUOTE ]

On the flop I was a 71% favorite, but the majority of the money went in on the turn when I was a 38% underdog. No help on the river and Barry was back in it...

A few hands later we got it all in again. This time the hands were as follows:

Me: A-K-9-4
Barry: K-10-Jd-10d

Flop: Kd 9d 5h (Barry was a 62% favorite on the flop when the money went in)
Turn: 5 (I became a 55% favorite)
River: 5...

Then we once again played for all the money with the following hands:

Me: Qd-7d-5c-8s
Barry: As-6s-7s-8h

Flop: 2s-4s-6d

On that last hand I was about a 35% underdog, needing to hit a back door flush, a 3, 7, 8, or Q to win. I could also tie with a 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-17-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I stand corrected. Thanks for the extra info, Barry.