Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Railbirding Underage in AC

Yes, borg has 25/50 no max. Take a seat! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borg will often ID when you get off the escalator to the poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]
take the elevator
Old 06-16-2005, 10:05 PM

Hah I am DEFINITELY not playing that game. But seriously... the Borg spreads 25/50 on weekdays during the day? That's impressive, I figured something that big would be weekends only.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured something that big would be weekends only.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the most part it is.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:46 AM

Having started numerous threads about underage gambling in AC on this forum, here is what I have learned. I also have some first-hand underage experience.

1) You can't get in trouble railbirding. The worst thing that can happen is that they will card you, you say you don't have one, and you will be asked to leave the floor. You won't get into any trouble for just watching. And if you aren't gambling, they probably won't bother you anyway.

2) DON'T play at the Borg. From what I have gathered, your chances of getting carded are highest at the Borg, then the Trop, then the Taj. The Taj is a dump, but play there if you are going to play.

3) I don't know about the other two, but at the Trop you may run into trouble when cashing out. The trop just loves to card young poker players when they cash out, and if you don't have an ID they CAN AND WILL take your chips. I have not seen this first hand, but my buddy who plays at the Trop every day warned me about this. He said that he has been carded four times when cashing out but never at the table.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:24 AM

It is easiest to railbird at the Taj, as you will have mnay games to choose from..... there are about 20 tables on the rail. The Trop also has a nice view of a couple of tables, but it is very often crowded there. RB-ing at the Borgata will be hard. Basically Taj is your best bet
Old 06-17-2005, 10:09 AM

Railbirding shouldn't be a problem unless you do the borgata. But as far as ID's go, My friend who is 19 and played all the time at the trop got carded without a fake. They took him to the backroom told him to pay them $1000 on the spot to walk out right now. He pulled out his roll and puts $1000 on the table. The guy laughed and said "wow how do you have that much cash, i usually just say that to see the look on kid's faces". Anyways, the cops wrote him a citation and gave him a $1000 fine and he has to go to court for underage and gets his driver's license revoked for 6 monthes. While the first part of this story is funny, the rest isn't. Even the easy to get into under trop will screw you over. Its not worth it to try to sit underage.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:20 PM

When I goto AC I play at the Trop... I get carded about 50% of the time at random times... I was at the end of a 10 hour session, and thats when I got carded one time, I guess they saw my stack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I used to play blackjack at the sands underage... I look like im 17 so I usually ran into problems. GL.