Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Stealing w/J8s Dick Caught in Vice

Raise the turn check behind him on river, stay the aggressor. If u get bet into on river u should dump. A player with such solid stats could be using ace as a scare card, and keep the pressure on blind defense is crucial.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: your mistake is definitely on the turn

I like this line.
I agree, raising the turn and folding to any more aggression is the best play here.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:11 PM

Yupp, you have to call down. I wouldn't raise the turn.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yupp, you have to call down. No point in raising anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely weak for blind stealing.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Extremely weak for blind stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate
Old 06-16-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your steal attempt is a fine one. Your big mistake came on the turn. Calling is the last thing you want to do here. It gives you no information. The pot is small, so folding is still an option. It is probably your best option. That being said, I am not disciplined enough to just give up on this hand. I think I raise the turn. If he 3 bets, it is an obvious fold. If he folds, wonderful. If he just calls, he is probably checking to you on the river. If he calls and leads out on the river, fold it. Either way, it gives you more information about his hand and it won't cost you a single cent more than calling down the turn and river will. It also gives him the opportunity to fold. A turn raise is how I would do things for this hand. Folding isn't out of the question, but simply calling on the turn should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best line IMO (nice post)
Old 06-16-2005, 01:37 PM

I think I would raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet
Old 06-16-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your steal attempt is a fine one. Your big mistake came on the turn. Calling is the last thing you want to do here. It gives you no information. The pot is small, so folding is still an option. It is probably your best option. That being said, I am not disciplined enough to just give up on this hand. I think I raise the turn. If he 3 bets, it is an obvious fold. If he folds, wonderful. If he just calls, he is probably checking to you on the river. If he calls and leads out on the river, fold it. Either way, it gives you more information about his hand and it won't cost you a single cent more than calling down the turn and river will. It also gives him the opportunity to fold. A turn raise is how I would do things for this hand. Folding isn't out of the question, but simply calling on the turn should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm completely baffled by this. The information you get isn't worth the price you pay. The only extra value you get out of raising the turn is getting him to fold a hand like K9, which has three outs against you (and you're glad that he's bluffing into you with only three outs -- and you're hoping he'll keep it up on the river).

For the same price, you see a showdown, you see what he defended with, you find out if he's willing to push back with a weak/moderate hand (medium pocket pair, perhaps?). Why are you so thrilled with the idea of trying to push him off his hand?
Old 06-16-2005, 02:03 PM

Players with 12/2 stats are the easiest to play. Because there is no difference if they play with their cards hidden or not. That's why you fold the turn. Try again with a better (or worse) hand. When these guys call my steal attempt I know I'm usually beat. (I usually limp my big hands against them).

For the same reason raising the turn is wrong. Unless you've actually seen the guy semi-bluffing before. Even then it's not standard play but you have to do it sometimes so the guy reduces his bluffing and stays predictable as we like him.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Players with 12/2 stats are the easiest to play

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. He has only 45 hands though, doesn't count for much.