Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Can this hand be considered a bad beat?

Well I can only speak for myself but I've I'd have got to the river then I'd probably call the $60 but there is no way I'd call a full pot bet. Anyway, maybe you need to rethink the way you play this guy. Maybe your read is right and you just got the 1/100 times he decides not to fold but perhaps he's more of a calling station than you think. If he's not one to slowplay as you say then how come he's flat called PF with KK? Also while its obvious in retrospect that he played his KK badly how could you possibly know what he had or that your bets would be enought to blow him off it? Strikes me you're being results oriented and are simply venting because one of your moves didn't work.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:55 PM

Yeah because villain is a calling station.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why risk 130$ when I can obtain the same result (maybe even a better result) with 60$

it's very hard to interpret a 60$ bet as a bluff. So looking back at my decision I like it very much.

I feel there was no way that call could have been made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously the other player felt otherwise. I would have called for less than half the pot with KK, if for no other reason than to look you up.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:00 PM

Is this a joke post? Your opponent saw right through you. Maybe you've given away some info on previous hands that says you wouldn't play an ace like that.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:15 AM

This post is no joke, maybe I am being results oriented, but I certainly knew that he wouldnt call all the way like that with a monster like a set beause of the draws.

He clearly made either a pair (not good enough to raise) or a draw on the flop, and after the turn call I felt like firing a 3rd round cause I didnt feel strength in him at all.

Hey, you telling me that HE saw right threw me? what hands could he put me on, that would raise preflop, bet like that, and that he would beat?

He would have to think i had RAGS, and be fairly certain about his read, to call like he did. And Im no loose player, I played VP$IP 24% and it was six-max, thats kinda tight.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:21 AM

I mean, MAYBE he's much better than me and he "saw right through me", but MAYBE, I'm much better than he is, and I saw right though HIM, and he was on tilt and made a bad play.

I think the 2nd alternative is more likely since im crushing the NL400 tables the last months, and he's probably breakeven at best.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:41 AM

no mayo? this blows.

on every street.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:31 AM

Can you be considered an idiot? (Yes.) How can 22 losing to KK be a bad beat? I'm really confused I guess 22 is supposed to win now vs KK. Although the BB is a moron for not reraising PF. Just like you're a moron for asking if 22 LOSING TO KK is a bad beat!! Read it again. 22 LOSING TO KK! Is it a bad beat? Oh damn, my 72o just lost to aces!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD BEAT!!! LOL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell why this bluff didnt work?
Hero has represented an ace from the beginning to the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
A lotta bad players get married to their overpairs and call down all the way, its not uncommon at all. I lost a huge pot to a dousche who called me all the way down with QQ , on an AKxxx board.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why risk 130$ when I can obtain the same result (maybe even a better result) with 60$

[/ QUOTE ]

What "better" result? Are you hoping to get called by King-high? I doubt it.

You seem pretty convinced that your river bet was perfect but I think the fact is that you were absolutely begging to get looked up, there. If you actually value bet your Ace for $60 on the river, why do you do it? So worse hands will call you, which is exactly what happened except that you didn't hold up your end of the deal by having an Ace.

SpaceAce