Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Arnold Rules

[ QUOTE ]
Wacki as you get older you will increasingly realize that many of the smartest people--people who can analyze very well, and have some common sense to boot--aren't in or from rarefied academia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw....

As long as you keep the adjective at many I'm already there.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:08 PM

I'm not from California, but from what I understand the California state budget has sums set aside each year for certain departments or programs by law. This is a horrible system because often departments and programs are running deficiets or surpluses and the money can't be reallocated because that's illegal. The governer actually has little control of the majority of the budget, and the bueracracy in the state capital is in favor of the status quo. It seems a special election is the only way to do it.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wacki as you get older you will increasingly realize that many of the smartest people--people who can analyze very well, and have some common sense to boot--aren't in or from rarefied academia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw....

As long as you keep the adjective at many I'm already there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're there increasingly? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And, what about the flip side of it? The greatest percentage of people without common sense (in this country) may well come from rarefied academia?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Sending these issues to the voters in the form of State Amendments etc, may very well be the best way to get that accomplished, but you could do it in a REGULAR election, one of which is scheduled for 6-8 months after the proposed SPECIAL ELECTION.

But Arnie would not be able to appear in the ads for his proposals, as he would personally be up for election at that time as well. So he needs to spend $80 million or so of the states money to hold a special election....

In terms of budget allocations, many are in place for the most vital of services (Schools, hospitals, fire and police) and have mandatory (usually inflation or cost of living) increases in those budgets every year. I doubt seriously if most of those programs are running surpluses.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The greatest percentage of people without common sense (in this country) may well come from rarefied academia?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, anyone that thinks one has more than the other is showing his or her bias IMO. Both have their weaknesses and strengths.

Many very brilliant people capable of doing excellent work in their field that happen to lack common sense do exist in acadamia, poker, chess, privatized computer technology/science field that lacks stringent dress code, politics and even in high level management positions of Enron and the tobacco industry. They are everywhere.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.arnoldexposed.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I was gonna give that link. NH.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:43 PM

Natedoggy-dog does have a few misconceptions. For example, he lacks full understanding of Science - but I let it pass. We all have a few quarks and fall short of the mark. Except for me of course. I'm perfect. Just ask Andy. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And you can take that to the bank.

-Zeno
Old 06-15-2005, 07:46 PM

You passed on the 'charming' comment. This quality counts in the real world more than most realize. I'm very charming. Just ask Andy. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

By the way, Andy is a charming person also.

-Zeno
Old 06-15-2005, 07:52 PM

Hmmmm....

Other than Guiness, Johny Walker, and possibly paying Zeno to be my mentor, is their a school of charming out their?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:06 AM

You are the worst political analyst ever.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NGIUDCJVQ1.DTL