Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Thinking of buying Eastbay\'s program

As I have said in other threads I think Pokertracker is the best piece of software you can buy and I would buy that 1st if you don't already own it. If I could only have 1 piece of software this would be it. Eastbay's program is very good and should be next.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:57 PM

BTW, eastbay has said that it's not designed for use while playing. In fact, the interface deliberately discourages that because it would be unethical. (I hope I got it right, and that I'm not putting words in his mouth.)

GG
Old 06-14-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not designed for use while playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are exactly right. It will auto load hands for you (chip counts/stacks, your hand & position the action up until your decision) AFTER YOU HAVE MADE YOUR DECISION! Of course, if you could type realy, really fast & accurate, you could imput all the information and get a decision while you are playing, but not likely.

What is cool is to decide to fold or push and then immediately open up the hand and see what eastbay's tool says was the right decision. Immediate feedback! (My butt's sore from kicking it so many times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Bottom Line: Buy It. if you are playing the 10s or above you can't afford not to. You win rate will quickly make up the minor cost of the program. If you can't afford it, you really shouldn't be playing poker for profit.

--------------Jeff
Old 06-14-2005, 02:32 PM

I would really like the program at $40 or $50. At $80, I think it should let me calculate EV in real time.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:33 PM

Link for eastbay's program?
Old 06-14-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would really like the program at $40 or $50. At $80, I think it should let me calculate EV in real time.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) If you actually use and learn from the program, why would $30 make a difference? You'll make it back rather quickly.

2) That would be totally unethical. Maybe that doesn't matter to you, but it does to me. Plus, I want to actually become a better poker player, not a better cheater. Eastbay has made it clear several times over that it is not meant for usage at the table. I for one hope that the program is never so quick and easy to use that real time usage would be possible.

If that ever happens, there will probably be someone who attains a 210% ROI. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]