Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Poo Mountain update.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell is the Poo Mountain thread locked? Don't we at least get explanations from the mods when they do something like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really. That is one of the best threads ever. Why would it get locked? And in the zoo of all places.

[/ QUOTE ]

too funny!
Old 06-14-2005, 03:01 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Why the hell is the Poo Mountain thread locked? Don't we at least get explanations from the mods when they do something like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. Come on mods, this isn't a hard question to answer.

You used your power, now please explain why.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:14 PM

Huge old threads tend to slow down most forums. If the mods are closing all the threads like that so they can be archived, then its a good thing.

If they are just closing down the Poo Mountain post, then that's just uncool.

Also what kind of marketing push could Poo Mountain possibly pull off to gain players? I guess this is a "Well we've lost a lot of money already, let's lose a little more for the hell of it" type of thing, since nothing short of renaming the site Poo Mountain and catering to P.O.T. heads everywhere could possibly gain that site a loyal player base.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2005, 10:14 PM

Sorry - I've only just read this.

I locked the thread because it was distorting the width of the entire forum, (on my screen, at least), and nothing of any consequence has been added since the 28th April.

If anyone wants to add something to its content, please feel free to start a new thread with a link to it.

Like this one.

Presumably someone has added it to the "favourite threads" post as well, so it can always be read again from there.

All inactive threads are archived by Chuck after about three months.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:52 PM

From DN's forum 8/6:

Well, I'd really like to make a large announcement about this when the time is appropriate, but since everyone seems a little restless I'll give you the brief version:

I am not happy at all with the product. The software wasn't as good as it was supposed to be and there were bugs that kept causing it to crash which hurt their marketing plans.

You can't market to get more players if that means the site will crash! Ultimately, I felt like it was definitely in my best interest to seperate myself from the company since they simply weren't living up to their end of the bargain.

They plan on relaunching in a few weeks with improved software and a new marketing push, but I won't be on board with them. While I genuinely like and trust all of the people involved, their approach wasn't in line with mine.

I wish them the best of luck and hope that the new software will be awesome. Having said that, I simply had to move on since I couldn't in good conscious promote a site that I didn't believe in 100%.

As for my future plans, there are lots of exciting options available to me. I'm looking into several possibilities and will obviously let you all know when there is anything to announce.