Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Multitabling 3 vs. 4

Here's what I've found out about myself in the past few weeks/month. I have poker-ADD. And, if I play 4 tables I get less bored and my VPIP doesn't climb to stratospheric levels. But, if I play 4 tables, my postflop play suffers, as I'm not able to pay attention as well and frequently miss things like the LAG in seat 6 got replaced by a TAG 4 hands ago, so seat 6 isn't sucking out on me he's pwning me. Things like that.

So, I've resolved to become a better player, force myself to be more patient (I'm currently writing from Poker Hell, where, out of 60 hands in the last 45 minutes, I've VPIP'd 5), move up a level and stick to 2 tables. But that's just me.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:38 PM

First, I'd like to say that I have a 19" CRT monitor, so overlap is not a problem; however I have to use visine every morning so my co-workers don't think I'm stoned. I maxed the refresh rate and that seems to help.

To me it has been a trade off. If I 4 table, I can clear bonuses faster, bet win less BB/100. 2 to 3 tables and I can play good poker, and that is my goal as I would like to have 1 site that I play at frequently; I don't like whoring so much. Anyway, I agree that postflop play is very difficult with 4 tables. MY VPIP is fine, but sometimes I take hands too far when I should fold them. Also, when I have playable cards on 3 to 4 tables at once, I have timed-out with decent hands like AQs.

I was just curious if 4 tables becomes easier, or is this just something I should learn to accept.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:48 PM

I have the hardware for playing 4 tables, but I generally stick to 3 unless I am clearing a bonus (at Poker Room I played 4 tables to clear the bonus).

I have a 17" LCD Sony display and run 1280x1024. I can fit 4 party tables comfortably with a little bit of overlap. I also have enough ram and cpu power so that there is no performance degredation running 4 tables.

However, being that I am a lowly grinder, I much prefer playing at less than 4 tables. With 2 tables I can usually see a lot of the details going on, with 3 a lot less, and with 4 I'm almost completely reliant on PT and GT+.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just curious if 4 tables becomes easier, or is this just something I should learn to accept.

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely got easier with time, that is to say, I did a better job with it. I had the same problems with getting overwhelmed when I had more than one table with a play to make, when the blinds hit me on 2-3 tables at the same time, etc.

I still 4-table .5/1 when clearing a bonus, and put my VPIP into the ground. But that's working...when I'm playing, I'm going to stick to 2 for a while, and see if I'm happier with the results.