Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Can you play a Home game with rake?

I played in a home game back in VA, where the "host" took $5 from every pot over $100. Since it was a 5/5/10/20 game with 7 to the flop, that was every pot. He started hosting this game twice weekly, after the Moose Lodge shut down its games. he bitched nonstop about how the game wasn't worth it, and how he couldn't wait to get the game out of his house and back to the lodge. Meanwhile, he served no alcohol, bought Wal-mart sodas, Little Debbies and cheap BBQ. Since this self-dealt game would run for 10 hours, he made a mint. The players were so bad, they had no idea the impact of the rake.

So why did I play? The players were so bad...
Old 06-14-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in a home game back in VA, where the "host" took $5 from every pot over $100. Since it was a 5/5/10/20 game with 7 to the flop, that was every pot. He started hosting this game twice weekly, after the Moose Lodge shut down its games. he bitched nonstop about how the game wasn't worth it, and how he couldn't wait to get the game out of his house and back to the lodge. Meanwhile, he served no alcohol, bought Wal-mart sodas, Little Debbies and cheap BBQ. Since this self-dealt game would run for 10 hours, he made a mint. The players were so bad, they had no idea the impact of the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... just WOW.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:39 PM

damn..i get a regular game going, we vary from house to house. Depending on the host, we either pay 1.00 for a slice of pizza to the host who orders it or we pitch in 5.00 ahead of time for a half hour burger BBQ before we start. it's BYOB.. dont rake your friends!! jeebeezuz
Old 06-16-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... just WOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, nevermind. I was amazed at this last night but he was basically running partypoker.com... The players are awful, I get all the little debbies and walmart soda I want and I try not to drink booze while I do it... all at a 5% rake! He's brilliant and only a couple years too early!