Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Louie, I think you misread my post

Sorry, I'm a poor reader especially when reading quickly.

Its been a long time since I played California Draw high, but if memory serves the "bug" can be a second Ace in your flush.

Otherwise, the "Bug" rule works when there are at most 2 of them in the deck. More than that and EVERYBODY will understand the power of Aces and even the live guys will play much more reasonably selective.

You allow "6 of a kind"? Do you also allow "3 pair"? How about a 6 card flush or straight? Or a straight-and-a-pair? Or a double-full? Or 4-of-a-kind-full? Don't do that; stick to "best 5 cards play".

- Louie
Old 01-20-2003, 12:33 AM

Default Re: 3rd alternative

Unless you had a rule about natural cards winning, your wilds split the pot.

If you DID have a rule, your 5 wilds woulda been outta luck.

The 0 flush rule is interesting- not sure if I like it, but it seems pretty straightforward. I assume that AKQ32 would beat AKQ30....
Old 01-20-2003, 12:37 AM

Default I.E the \"pig\" rule

There's been a number of discussions about this in the past- search for it, you'll find extensive arguments on both sides.

As to the situation:
"There were two players at the showdown, and both decided to scoop, but one had a better low and the other hand the better high. What do you do with the pot? "

In my version of the pig rule, where you knock out the pigs BEFORE you determine the winners of the high and the low, both contestants would be knocked out of the pot, because they declared both ways and didn't WIN (not tie, WIN) both ways. If you go pig, and don't win, you CAN'T win. Therefore, the pot would remain for the next game as a lucky bonus for everyone playing, including the folders....
Old 01-21-2003, 01:08 AM

Default Re: 3rd alternative

5 wilds vs 5 Aces:

We had no rule but, logicaly, a wild can only substitute an existing card so I offered my budy to split the pot and we made the rule official. (we were playing .10$ ante back then so it was more about having fun then the money.)

-Happy [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Now THAT would be interesting- a wild card blocker!

If you are showing down against anyone, and they have the card that you're duplicating with your wild card, you can't call that card!

Example- You have 2345A rainbow, with the Ace of spades. I have KQT7W of spades, and Sally has A6432 of hearts. Because you have the real Ace of spades, I only have a King-high flush and lose to A6432.

Wouldn't THAT start some nice arguments???