Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Any merit to this pf fold?

You probably don't play enough live 3/6 poker during the day. Believe me, there are more than a handful of rocks who won't.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:04 PM

Are you smooth calling here for deception purposes and/or to make it easier for you to get away from your hand UI on the turn?

It seems like capping would be the better play against clueless opponents, though against observant ones you might smooth call some of the time for deception purposes. Also against very LAGgy opponents, though I don't know how much of a raising war you want to get into with TPTK when you do hit the flop.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably don't play enough live 3/6 poker during the day. Believe me, there are more than a handful of rocks who won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found 1 online, but he's recently opened up & started raising QQ, too. Players that passive preflop are exceedingly rare on any limit, and almost unheard of in 6max.

I can see possibly folding this one preflop in a NL tournament, but that's about it. And even then you'd need a pretty special set of circumstances.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you smooth calling here for deception purposes and/or to make it easier for you to get away from your hand UI on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little of both. I also want to see if it gets capped by UTG or not, and set myself up for a flop c/r if it's checked to MP & he bets. If it's 2 bets to me & I'm still holding A high after the flop, I'd fold it against 2 unknowns. AK can be a tough hand to play from OOP vs. 2 opponents who both like their hands, but I think it becomes a little bit easier if you don't define your hand preflop. Most of the time.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It seems like capping would be the better play against clueless opponents, though against observant ones you might smooth call some of the time for deception purposes. Also against very LAGgy opponents, though I don't know how much of a raising war you want to get into with TPTK when you do hit the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
the reason i would smooth call would be to set up a check raise if need be.