Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Results/my line if I could do it over again

Ok. Most of the people I talked to said raise the flop. I agree 100%. I think not raising the flop cost me this hand. Anyways turn raiser had a5 (great raise as it turned out, although I think he misplayed this hand in general). PF 3better had aq and MHIG. As for the turn, Jeff W. said call and he is right, although I think in this particular situation I am no good enough of the time to fold. I think the turn call is debatable but the flop call is inexcusable.

-Mike
Old 06-11-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: This one sucks

Calling the flop 4-handed is terrible but you already know that.

I've read the results and I still fold the turn. You cannot pay 3+ BB to take this trap hand to showdown versus two strong hands. Even though that means you fold the best hand once in a while.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:47 PM

I think you should consider 3-betting the turn for a free showdown on the river.

So far in the hand you have underrepresented the strength of your hand. People play so unpredictable (you said they were bad, remember?) that I think folding is throwing money away. And remember, if BB has two pair you still have outs to counterfeit his hand.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:17 PM

FWIW, I think 3-betting is definitely correct if your top pair was lower. Say you had KT on a T85 board, a 3-bet would force SB out if he had overcards.