Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: I limp-reraise.

I'm just not at all sure you get anyone to fold on the flop here. Given your read, you'd know best, but I think it's very rare that someone raises PF and folds the flop for 1 bet UI, closing the action.

-d
Old 06-09-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So would you still have led if the flop came ace-high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm leading almost any flop and I'm very prepared to fold to a raise. I'm not leading broadway-heavy flops, because the pot is protected and there's no significant benefit, even for a LAG, to bluff into this pot.

Rob
Old 06-09-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. I'm trying to figure out why you'd do this now that half the pot is protected.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's very likely that I've got Button beat, and I'd like to increase my FE against what is most likely, if not definitely, two overcards? I can either spend 2BB's and see the turn (flop c/r followed by turn bet), or spend 1BB (LRR + flop bet), and hopefully not have to see the turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I was on to something [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks Entity.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just not at all sure you get anyone to fold on the flop here. Given your read, you'd know best, but I think it's very rare that someone raises PF and folds the flop for 1 bet UI, closing the action.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont think 99, KJ, AT ever fold here?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:20 PM

First post here...trying to stop lurking and start posting. So, if I sound like a tool, cut me some slack [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I like the flop c/r here more than leading it out. With a loose villain, he's going to bet the flop anyway when you check. If he calls, lead out the turn. It's already likely you have the best hand, and the c/r should give you much more information about his hand based on how he responds to you leading the turn.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a loose villain, he's going to bet the flop anyway when you check.

[/ QUOTE ]
True. However, let me correct your language. Loose does not mean aggressive. He'll probably bet this flop because he's aggressive - not because he's loose.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sort of like it I guess because of all the LRR going on lately

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a big difference between what Rob's doing here and the other recent LRR discussions. Rob wasn't intending on re-raising when he limped - he took advantage of an opportunity that presented itself.

If your read was that a LRR would gain FE against Villian - then I like. I just think you need to be careful as some will go to auto-call-down mode just to look you up - which may not be that bad if he's drawing to <= 6 outs.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. I'm trying to figure out why you'd do this now that half the pot is protected.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Probably do have a better hand then the button, but the PF raiser almost cetainly has overcards if not an overpair. The button I think we at least have to give credit for one overcard. So we are looking at 9 cards on the flop that can beat us.

Plus if the orginal raiser hits, he might just go into the tank and call down, while we piss away a flop bet and a turn bet to fold him.

I guess I would not really have a problem with the play without the button.

Another minor consideration is if I am making a play like this, I would almost like the additional bonus of people noticing what I just did if it does not work. I don't think you have that at 2/4.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:33 PM

Oops...the aggressive part is what I meant. Point taken.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:35 PM

I agree.

This situation will come up very infrequently. The play wasn't as "tricky" as the ability to recognize the specific situation Rob was in.

NH

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]