Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Frustrating Mistake, but could it have been played anyway?

So, why wasn't the floor called? This was not a dealer judgement call sitaution. Your hand was clearly live.

Regards,

T
Old 06-09-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, why wasn't the floor called? This was not a dealer judgement call sitaution. Your hand was clearly live.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dumb at the moment, and didn't think anything of it, and thought that the dealer had the call there.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:30 PM

Just a question... I plan on mentioning it to the dealer tonight(i'm playing in another tourney tonight), that he made the incorrect ruling on the hand, just to get his take on it. Do you think that this is an appropriate measure, or should I just let it go?

If I decided not to tip over my next couple of cashes in either tourneys or SnG's there, just to "make up for my losses," would this be appropriate, or am I just being immature?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a question... I plan on mentioning it to the dealer tonight(i'm playing in another tourney tonight), that he made the incorrect ruling on the hand, just to get his take on it. Do you think that this is an appropriate measure, or should I just let it go?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably let it go, but if you do mention it, be sure to do it away from the table. I think if you do it at the table (in front of the other players), he will feel obligated to defend himself and things could get ugly. Talking to the floor is probably a better idea, but really you should probably let it go and just be sure to call the floor next time.

[ QUOTE ]
If I decided not to tip over my next couple of cashes in either tourneys or SnG's there, just to "make up for my losses," would this be appropriate, or am I just being immature?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is highly innappropriate. No one will know why you aren't tipping and you will likely be hurting dealers other than the one who screwed you.

We've all been in situations like this, and it sucks, but once you miss your chance to make a stand when it happens, there's not a lot you can do after the fact.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:08 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
Do you think that this is an appropriate measure, or should I just let it go?

[/ QUOTE ]
The time has passed. Talking to the dealer has a much bigger chance of going poorly than well, and the floor can't speculate on what they might have said if they were called at the time.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
If I decided not to tip (snip) would this be appropriate, or am I just being immature?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you had called the floor, gotten a correct ruling, and then the dealer was a prick about it, not tipping would be correct. Unfortunately, all you know so far is that he made a mistake and I think not tipping based on one mistake would be inappropriate.

You should definitely get the floor any time you have a question, before any other action can take place. Nothing is ever the dealer's call.

Martin
Old 06-09-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You should probably let it go, but if you do mention it, be sure to do it away from the table. I think if you do it at the table (in front of the other players), he will feel obligated to defend himself and things could get ugly. Talking to the floor is probably a better idea, but really you should probably let it go and just be sure to call the floor next time.

We've all been in situations like this, and it sucks, but once you miss your chance to make a stand when it happens, there's not a lot you can do after the fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not plan to discuss about it at the table, I had the intentions of doing so away from the table. I was going to go about it in a polite manner, just inform him that the hand could have been played out. I don't think that things would get defensive at all, I chit chat with the majority of the dealers before tourneys and whatnot regardless, and like I stated, I play there pretty often and have never caused a scene or anything.

And yes, it definitely sucks that there really isn't much that I can do about it now.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I decided not to tip (snip) would this be appropriate, or am I just being immature?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you had called the floor, gotten a correct ruling, and then the dealer was a prick about it, not tipping would be correct. Unfortunately, all you know so far is that he made a mistake and I think not tipping based on one mistake would be inappropriate.

You should definitely get the floor any time you have a question, before any other action can take place. Nothing is ever the dealer's call.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

He really wasn't a prick about the situation, he was just kind of matter of fact, and I made the mistake of thinking that his ruling is what would stand.

Looks like I'll continue tipping.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...when I put the cards out there one of them landed corner/edge first and did a slight bounce/cartwheel and stayed face up the entire time and landed on a card or two that was in the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying the card landed FACE UP, and was ruled dead?

Wow.

It's a bad ruling if it landed face down. It's a historically bad call if it landed face up.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:50 PM

It sounds to me like the hand was retrievable if only one corner of one card barely touches the muck. CALL THE FLOOR! One other poster said he would leave if it was ruled a live hand. Bye bye. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. How can the floor possably rule it a MUCKED HAND? You called an all in bet and mucked your hand before a flop? No way. Any floor with a basic understanding of the rules retrieves your hand. Most dealers don't know the rules well enough to make propper floor calls. Call the floor next time.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:40 PM

Remember never to tip that dealer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]