Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Your Presidential Nominees

This is who you want to be president. They don't have to be politically feasible.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:54 AM

This is an excersise in who you want to be president. We will pretend there is only one vote that counts and its yours. WHo are the people you'd consider.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:07 AM

I don't want Jon Stewart to be President. Wouldn't you absolutely love him as a Presidential Candidate?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:24 AM

Lying to get elected is becoming an honorable tradition in the new republican party.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Talking about Colorado politicians... What about that snake Salazar, he tells the people he doesn't support the filibuster to get elected narrowly and then he immediately breaks his word to the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft. Salazar v. Coors was a no-brainer. He was a popular politician going up against a know-nothing "businessman" who inherited his fortune. That is to say, you have no idea how Salazar won...and it had nothing to do with the filibuster issue.

BTW - If you have Salazar you must really have it in for just about anyone with a D next to their name, being that he's one of the more moderate dems.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:40 AM

I think his honesty and wit would have a lasting effect on politics, but only if he won. I think the net positive benefits of his presidency would outway the negative effects of our differing ideologies.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is who you want to be president. They don't have to be politically feasible.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, my preference goes (in order):

Penn Gillette
Dave Barry
Drew Carey
Ronald Coase
Milton Friedman

I'm serious.

natedogg
Old 06-10-2005, 05:49 AM

Gillete isn't related to the actual Gillete razor's is he?

Who is Ronald Coase, never heard of him.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Rudy G becomes an odds on favorite for VP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I don't agree with. No real conservative wants to have such a moderate in line to succeed him. It would make the POTUS a target for assassins too. Same applies to McCain. Rudy in the cabinet would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Real Conservative. I'm not made up.

You think Bush, Clinton and Reagan weren't targets for assasination? Someone tried to off Ford. Rudy rocks. About 3 days after 9/11 when the Saudi prince offered $10 million in relief aid, Rudy told him to shove it up his ass. He threw Arafat out of a Lincoln Center concert. He turned NYC from a crime-ridden city that businesses were fleeing into a safe, clean city that businesses flock to. For hard-core stats, read his book leadership. There are CHAPTERS about how effective his administration was. As a DA he wasn't scared to go after Gotti, and he's the only one that was able to nail him. Rudy was elected mayor as a Republican in a city that is 80-20 Democrat. He appeals to many because in many ways he is a moderate. There is nothing wrong with that. He appeared on SNL in drag, and was hysterical. He has a reputation of reaching out and dealing well with all ethnic and religous groups. He dealt with leaders of nations constantly at the UN, and stopped letting diplomats get away without paying parking tickets. Who else does that and remains on a friendly basis?

RUDY! RUDY! Its not just about that guy Sam-Wise from Lord of the Rings anymore.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lying to get elected is becoming an honorable tradition in the new republican party.

[/ QUOTE ]

The inaccuracies from the GOP are minor compared to the major "redefinition of the truth" campaign waged by Democrats and their media allies.