Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: 1-2NL Starting to Become a Very Boring Game...

Maybe I'm around it too much... Everyone is talking about their 1 trip to Whereverville... Yes, these games that you guys describe do exist...but its getting to be more and more rare, IMO...
Old 06-09-2005, 08:14 AM

If you are good (real good) you can generate your own action. Back when I was a B&M newbie, I was at a rock garden at the trop. A guy sat down, noticed there wasnt much action, so he announced he had a "dolly parton" then flipped over 9-5 and pulled in a big pot with his trips. That got the table going.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:18 AM

I don't know where you guys are playing, but the last 4 times I went to AC, the action was absolutely nutty at the 1/2 nl tables.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:53 AM

I agree. The Taj $1/$2 is fishy as hell. There's usually 5-6 fish, 2-3 solid players, and 1-2 WPT wannabe's with sunglasses and a hat or a straight face and the thousand yard stare as you raise $8.

I played in it a couple months ago and did ok, but couldn't catch any card. I began with $100 and when I was down to $35 I was bored and went all-in in with AKs and was called by one player who flipped over QTo and spiked two pair on the flop. No J for me and I was busted.

Guy to my left bought in with 1 rack and left with 4. He was the loosest player I've ever seen. One hand was unreal. He got heads up PF with the guy to my right in a $10 raised pot. I saw the hole cards of the guy to my right, they were 9cTc (he was bad at protecting his hand). Flop came 7d8sJh. Nut straight. He bet $10 and villain called. flop came 2h and nut straight bet $30 and was called. River comes Kh and nut straight bets $50 and villain raises enough to put nut straight all in. He instantly calls and villain flips over Qh3h for the runner runner flush.

Moral of the story is the low limit NL games are crazy fishy in AC. Very profitable.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 AM

Foxwoods is great. I was UTG with AA. The table I was at was so loose I raised to $50 and got 4 callers.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:34 AM

I actually played 1-2 yesterday at the Trop, the game was very good and some of the other 1-2s were better.

It is true that it is very passive, but it is easily exploitable.

Once people are in for $2 everyone will call 5 more dollars
over 50% will call $10 more

The big advantage is that they are so easily readable, and most players are playing with scared money.

In 18 hous of play over 2 days, Id estimate that at my table I accounted for 70% of the bets over $30.

These nits waited for aces and kings etc. and then dont bet them when they get a hand.

One time a guy smooth called the nuts on the river
Another time a guy checked behind with the nuts on the river and said "What's the point?..... you couldnt call much anyway"

Games are good, at least in the East
Old 06-09-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Moral of the story is the low limit NL games are crazy fishy in AC. Very profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my experience in March when I went to the Trop for my spring break. The quality of play was atrocious and the players were incredibly loose. My 2nd night I sat down with $300 and cashed out $1250 after 5 hours.

I'm heading back on Monday and I can't wait.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:44 AM

harrahs 1-2 no-limit is certainly as loose a 1-2 Ive ever seen and it is all 22 year old with money, very good game
Old 06-09-2005, 06:28 PM

Raise More.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:35 PM

If you want an extreamly loose game of 1/2 NL go to Gold Strike in Tunica. Its crazy. 6 or 7 callers to a raise of like 12 or 15 dollars sometimes. Nuts very Party like but worse.