Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: TPFAP vs. Harrington

My Favorite line in TPFAP: p124..."If you don't know how I got that, stop reading this book right now. You are not ready for it. You don't know enough about poker. And, you deserve to lose."

...I agree, possibly the most honest and worthwile sentence in the history of poker books.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:05 AM

Well I read TPFAP and picked up hardly anything as I didn't truly realize what the book was and I have had some experience to tournaments. HOH seems a bit better, although I disagree with a few more of his hand quizzes, but I feel like its got more concrete information. Plus, I don't really care to know what I should do with ___ in Razz or lowball or whatever those games are =)
Thanks for the help,
-Ace
Old 06-14-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who likes McEvoy's Tournament Poker book the best? I haven't read Harrington yet....so I guess I'm of no use in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HOH seems a bit better, although I disagree with a few more of his hand quizzes,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're supposed to...there are no 100% correct answers...and even though you disagree, it doesnt make you right.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I don't really care to know what I should do with ___ in Razz or lowball or whatever those games are =)

[/ QUOTE ]

its not the games themsleves that are important in this book...although examples are derived from games you might not be familiar with, you can still aply the meta tournament concepts to HE or whatever you play.

pooh