Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Where were you?

[ QUOTE ]

I was listening to Stern while waking up and heard his crew freaking out. Then I turned on the news. Even though it was tape delayed, it felt like it was live. I remember delivering that day and not seeing a plane in the sky. Which is very odd where I live. I remember driving on the freeway past some military bases and seeing the gaurds with machine guns at every exit. I've never been to NY so, in a way, it was very surreal to me. Kind of like a typical east coasters' view on the San Francisco earthquake.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, listening to Stern here too. Yeah, that was wild.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:23 PM

only a jew...

just kidding. I'm effectively giving props to you when I use it.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 PM

i was at school in the suburbs, about 1/2 an hour north of the city. i walked into ap chem and my teacher was sitting there crying listening to the radio. 5 minutes later, 1/2 the class was on their cell phones trying to see if their parents/uncles/friends were ok, but almost no one was able to get through to anyone, because all the phone networks were so overloaded.

by the end of the period, we acquired a TV, in time to see the second one fall.

i have no memory of the rest of that day, oddly enough.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:25 PM

Sleeping. Got a phone call from my Mom crying and telling me to turn on the news.

I thought Bob Dylan had been killed or something.

I ran out to my dorms common area and turned on the tv [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. No one was up yet and everyone who walked by to class started stopping until it was just a bunch of us in shock.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:25 PM

standing on the end of my block in brooklyn staring at the two buildings. I saw the hole in one of them, before the 2nd plane had hit. then I did something that I will never really understand. I got on the subway and went into the city. I still have no idea why I did this, but that's what I did.

--turnipmonster
Old 06-08-2005, 05:26 PM

Okay.

By the way, I agreed with you about M-Ramirez and what a punk he is, along with the rest of the Dominican thugs contingent on that team.

But Oswalt is still a little bitch, just like Clemens.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:26 PM

I was on a bus going to Atlantic City when the planes hit. I could see the black smoke and flames very clearly as we were crossing the Verrazano Bridge. The bus driver asked the passengers if we wanted to continue and of course the consensus was a resounding "yes". We got down to AC and spent the day playing poker and it was very bizarre. We started back to NYC at 6pm and we got back to Queens at 3:30 the next morning. Took us nine hrs for a 3 hr trip because all the tunnels and bridges into NY were basically still "locked down". Our bus was thoroughly searched and all passengers had to show ID. A day I'll never forget.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM

Asleep. My roommate woke me between the first and second hits, and I was ready to kill him for waking me up. Until I heard his voice when he said, "Dude, I think you should see this."

I'll definitely never forget it.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM

Was at home. Brother came down (was watching TV in his room) and mentioned that a plane had flown into WTC. I thought, wtf, that is sad and people will die but it is just some pilot or technical area. Saw the second plane fly in live. Watched TV non stop for the next 14 hours. Incredibly dramatic and exciting event.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 PM

I was living in Pasadena, CA. Sleeping.

Got a phone call from a girl I worked with at about 6:45 am.

She was in hysterics... talking about a plane running into the tower... I was picturing a little Wright Brothers type plane at first and didn't understand what the big deal was.

Also, I underestimated how many people worked in the towers and how big the destruction was. I was like, "There are probably only a couple hundred people per floor, right?"

Yeesh.