Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 04:31 PM

Default My Party Poker account was hacked, lost $600

Last Friday I deposited $600 into Party to get the June bonus. I left for the weekend and came back on Sunday night. Logged into Party to clear some of the bonus and my balance was at $0. I did not panic at first, I thought maybe I had withdrawn it and transferred to another site. After ruling that out I looked at my bonus info page and saw that 48 hands had been played toward clearing the bonus.

I did not remember playing any hands since my last deposit so I requested a hand history of my last 50 hands. Looking through the hand history I saw that on Saturday (when i was out of town) someone logged into my account and played a 6max NL 2-4 game. Almost all of the hands I played I lost to the same person and the final hand was my last $200 and was lost to boat over boat. It seems they were trying to disguise the money dumping somewhat and finally had a hand where they could get all my money in for a loss.

Before even looking at these hand histories I had emailed party support and they replied saying that I deposited 600 on Friday and lost it all on Saturday (thanks for the info).

After coming to my own conclusions I first changed my Party password and then called them up. I was transferred 3 times, each time I had to explain the situation. The last transfer was to there fraud department and they told me to change my password, do not check the "save password" box at login, and to not let anyone else have access to my account. He said there would be a 24 hour investigation and I would receive the results in an Email.

Here is the results of their "investigation":
<font color="green">
Dear Brian,
Thank you for contacting us. As per records we see that you made a deposit of $600 on
03-JUN-2005 18:22 EST, played on couple of tables and loosed all your
money. However, if you wish to check your account activity
from your end please follow below procedure. In the lobby
menu, please click on “My Account” and then on “Go to My
Account (website)”. On the right hand side, you will find a heading
”Other Options”. The second option under this heading is
”View the activity of your Account”. Click on it and you can view
your account activity information for 30 days prior to your last log in
time. You can view this data for a week at a time. Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming
to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If
you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide
your password please report it to us immediately, Our
Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via
email, Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming
site!
</font>
(sorry for the poor formatting but it is copied from an HTML email.)

Uh, what? What happened to the investigation? Usually after "However,” there would be a result.

I am going to call them back again of course. I would like to know if anyone has had any sort of problem like this. Does it seem like they are trying to blow me off? Do I deserve a refund?

If anyone would like to see the hand history and how they dumped the money from one player to another let me know.

Thanks for listening.