Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Folding AA

My apologies. It is very late and I'm off to bed.[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You really could not understand my sentence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-08-2005, 09:01 AM

UTG+1 isn't gonna raise after two calls to make anyone fold, that's foolish, so he probably has you beat. Calling down depends on your opposition I guess, as some other posters have mentioned. If someone can raise here with nothing or have slowplayed a king you can maybe call down when you also include the chance that you may get saved at the river
Old 06-08-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
allow me to elaborate, you're probably beat, but in my personal experience at pty 1/2-1 you have enough morans betting and raising with nothing that it is probably +ev to call down
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably the right thing to do, but at PTY it seems like you have to call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice totally nonsensical sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT:

nonsensical-adj
1. Lacking intelligible meaning: a nonsensical jumble of words.
2. Foolish; absurd: nonsensical ideas.

You really could not understand my sentence?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's "probably ev+ to call down" how is folding "Probably the right thing to do "?? it is this contradiction that makes your post nonsensical.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:57 PM

Whew! Tough one...

You should have called down, then sent an email to Party requesting them to close your account because you are sick and tired of having your pocket bullets busted!
Old 06-14-2005, 02:21 PM

I am not folding here. You are getting the pot odds to call even if he has the flush. Factoring in that you still might be ahead makes it a clear call.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG+1 has the nut flush I have 3 outs getting 14.3 to 1. I was getting 11.25 to 1 odds to call on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 has done nothing to indicate that he has an A. You can't assume he has the nut flush. If you are behind to the flush, you have the odds to call and hope you fill up.

I'd be more afraid of the 6 since that leaves you drawing to only 2 outs. Any reads on the villan? How loose is he pre-flop?

Without a significant read saying the villan is ultra-passive, you have to call down. people love bluffing when the board pairs.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just want to point out that vs a flush you have 4 outs. (Though vs a 6, you have 2 outs)

[/ QUOTE ]

OP said if somebody was holding the NUT flush, i.e. they had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] rag[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], so he only had 3 outs.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Any read on villans? UTG+1's turn play could be a flush, it could just be a flush draw-top pair with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Ko, it could be trip-6s or it could be a suited king-rag that he held to pop on the turn where the bets are bigger to better protect.

Against unknowns I think you're good often enough that you have to see the river for one bet. Looks like it might've been 2 to you on the river (wish I didn't know that, cut off your HH earlier!), and I probably would've folded then as the spectre of being 3-bet and capped existed, but as of the turn CO wasn't showing any aggression and might've been on a four-flush of his own.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:45 PM

This is a very bad fold. You cannot do this.

Your opponents don't know that you have aces. UTG+1 could be a normal player making a normal value raise with top pair. He could be bluffing, possibly with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. And yes, he could have you beat in which case you probably have a few outs.

But you simply cannot fold a strong hand in a big pot on the basis of one player making a single raise. Not without a read that he is passive and predictable and would not bet a worse hand here.

Make a habit of this and they will steal everything you own.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:02 PM

I don't fold that turn and I call UTG's river bet in case he's trying to steal with a busted flush draw. If CO raised the river after I overcalled UTG, that would suck though.