Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Lane\'s explanation for the quick call

I ran into Lane today during a break in the $2.5 NL short-handed tournament and asked him about the thought process for this quick call with AT into the QTx flop. He said that because the opponent pushed so quickly he knew that he had AK. He felt that if the other guy had AA, KK, QQ he would never have pushed and if he had JJ, QJ or KQ he either would have thought more about it or the preflop action didn't make sense. In summary he knew the guy had AK based on the preflop raise and the lightning quick push.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:08 AM

Default WSOP is fantastic

It was nice meeting you and it was really fun watching those two final tables back to back. The 3-handed battle between Cunningham, Fischman and Devilfish was really special. I was kinda in awe of how well all three played and how they stayed so composed.

I think that Worthman did get very lucky in the PL event but I also think that the only way he wins is to play how he did. Hats off for showing no fear although he was nervous as hell. Layne looked like he was incredibly frustrated with the result and I don't blame him. I thought it was over when it was still 5-handed. He's really amazing to watch and I have a feeling he'll win one before this series is over.

GOD the WSOP is amazing. My first ever but definitely not my last.

Schaefer
Old 06-08-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Crazy Hand from Final Table of WSOP Pot Limit

[ QUOTE ]
he played to win whereas Tony Ma and Martin Green clearly were playing to move up

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The point was that Lane had 1.5mm in chips

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
my guess is that the pot had 32k in it and it was 20k more or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1 Thom Werthmann $369,535 960
2 Layne Flack $185,855 800
3 Hieu Ngoc 'Tony' Ma $118,240 640
4 Martin Green $103,460 480

[/ QUOTE ]

For Layne, knocking one guy out guarantees him $118k instead of $103k. Based on what you write above, sounds like perhaps Layne wanted to keep the non-threatening (heh) super-short-stack around so he could keep stealing and increasing his lead on the other two.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: WSOP is fantastic

Hi, Brandon. It was great meeting you too. I just read ZeeJustin's blog about your win in Europe. What a week it must have been for you. I assume you'll be at the main event. If so, let's be sure to get together!

- Scot