Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: is this another scam?

I'm going to notify party poker about this clown. Hopefully they will be willing to use their clout to shut his ass down.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:01 PM

Reading between the lines, he seems to be promising spyware that you can insert in your opponents' computers. That's not hard in itself, but how you determine their IP addresses is another matter. I'm sure this could be done, but I doubt this guy has done it.

First of all, the ad is full of misspellings. You wouldn't think there is such a correlation between honesty and using a spell checker, but it's amazing how well that works. Second, although his secret is "priceless" and "jealously guarded," he's willing to sell it for $59.95 with a money back guarantee. According to the ad, you can make that back in a hand or two; why bother to sell it? If you could see everyone's hole cards all the time, why would you need all that other stuff?

My guess is you get some badly-written poker advice and some poker playing bots. There's a tool to look at opponents hole cards and force them to fold, but it has to be "calibrated." You never quite get it to work, but by the time you ask for your refund, he's long gone.

Just a guess, how you spend your money is up to you.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 PM

This guy disgusts me. Whether or not his product is legit, he is defrauding someone (either honest card players, or those who want to cheat them).

I would think that the card rooms would be outraged that someone would tarnish their reputations by claiming they could gain access to their customer's hole cards, so I emailed Party Poker, hoping they would sic their lawyers on this guy. Instead, this is the response I get:

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker.com Customer Care.

With reference to your e-mail please note that (CheatAtPoker) is a program that
we are closely monitoring, but as of now we have no plans to take action against
users of the same. We cannot, however, be prevented from safeguarding the
integrity of the system and so we may require that players stop using
[CheatAtPoker] or cease any other activity which, in the circumstances, is
deemed to be cheating at any time.

To elaborate on our stand on such softwares/poker applications, please note that
PartyPoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage
through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of
such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per
our Terms and Conditions.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your
account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Andrew Hill
Investigations Team
alerts@partypoker.com

So, it seems they don't even give a sh1t. Well, I do give sh1t. I can't just sit back and watch this guy go around blatantly promoting fraud without doing anything about it. The problem is, I don't have the resources to persue legal action against him. The only think I can think to do is appeal to the readers of this forum, and hope you are as outraged by this as I am. If enough players write Party Poker, and express their outrage that this guy is promoting fraud against them, perhaps they will do something about it.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:13 PM

do not even bother with kind of garbage. if anything, i would be scared to download it. From what i heard, there is software available that allows you to look at someone else's screen on your computer. Im sure that someone could turn this into something that will let you see someone's hole cards. For all you know this guy is getting you to download something that will let him see YOUR hole cards. this may all be a bit paranoid but my experience with online poker is - don't mess around.

and besides, that guy with the KK is gonna lose to a river ace anyway...
Old 06-07-2005, 04:07 PM

I have a less negative reaction. In the first place, at least you got a real answer. In the second place, they seem to be saying it doesn't work, but if they suspect it does, they will block it. That's the main thing to me, not that they try to stop the guy from advertising.

What I find more worrysome is the mushy language. Find out someone's hole cards is CHEATING in capital letters. Using a bot to play is in a different category. We know they can't detect the bot or collusion, so saying they "detect and block" triggers my distrust. The guy with the magic hole card revealer claims he goes directly against the other players' computers; not the poker site. So the assurances seem pretty empty.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:15 PM

My understanding of this is that for the user to see someone elses hole cards he has to convince them (players at the table) to download a special program that has been provided to the buyer. Good luck w/that!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding of this is that for the user to see someone elses hole cards he has to convince them (players at the table) to download a special program that has been provided to the buyer. Good luck w/that!

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmm.... I've got an idea!

Maybe I'll rename that program something sneaky, like pokercheater, and make wild outrageous claims about what the program can do. I'll bet everyone will download that program then! Heck, people will want to download it so badly I'll bet they'll even PAY me to download it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 05:33 PM

I consider myself pretty cynical, and I didn't even think of that! Of course you're right. I could almost admire that. How could you get mad at someone who snuck the hole cards of people trying to look at other people's hole cards?

The hard part of cheating at Internet poker is finding out who is playing. But if you sold a few hundred of these programs you would know when your suckers were on line and where they were playing. You'd try to get in the games, and make money knowing their hole cards (that helps you against everyone, not just them).

Of course, the buyers quickly figure out the program doesn't work, and throw it away. But the spyware sits there forever.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Earnings Disclaimer
Every effort has been made to accurately represent the information, the products and their potential.
There is however NO guarantee that you will earn any money using our information, products, techniques and ideas in these materials. Nowhere on our site should any information to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of earnings. Earning potential is entirely dependent on the person using our information, products, strategies, ideas and techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think that this program is a good thing for serious players. People who try to cheat us are paying $60 for a program that doesn't work. I feel that they deserve it.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:57 PM

good point, but that's 60.00 they could put in our pockets instead of the guy who came up with this crap.