Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Final 2 tables

Did you consider playing back BTF? I don't like the call here OOP, but if you think he's on a steal then you might play back immediately.

As it turned out it was a great flop for you. I probably c/r all-in. This gives him a chance to bluff at the pot if he missed his hand, and gives him a chance to laydown the hand. When you bet ATF, he will only play when he has at about 50% chance (Top Pair++), and is unlikely to bluff at the pot with such a scary board and no hand.
As it happened you bet and he raised enough to be pot committed and there is no way he is laying down the hand.

Given the payout structure you should not avoid these 50/50 situations, and should have expected it when you decided to play K7s.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:44 PM

Villan's all-in screams "I have the best hand, but with the flop, you could end up with best by the river"
You missed the fact that the Q gives you a a straight, so you have 15 outs to his pair of Js, if his kicker is a K, 18 outs if it isn't, or 15 outs against two pair with JT J9 T9 in his hand.
He either has that or overpair or a set.
I gotta call this one. I consider it an Omen when I decide to push out a guy whom I think is stealing the blinds and then the flop hits my hand with 15 outs. I may have 18 outs if he has AJ, or 17 outs if he has QJ.......
And...if he has KQ you still have 9 outs, 8 if his Q is the spade and another 3 to tie.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider playing back BTF? I don't like the call here OOP, but if you think he's on a steal then you might play back immediately.

As it turned out it was a great flop for you. I probably c/r all-in. This gives him a chance to bluff at the pot if he missed his hand, and gives him a chance to laydown the hand. When you bet ATF, he will only play when he has at about 50% chance (Top Pair++), and is unlikely to bluff at the pot with such a scary board and no hand.
As it happened you bet and he raised enough to be pot committed and there is no way he is laying down the hand.

Given the payout structure you should not avoid these 50/50 situations, and should have expected it when you decided to play K7s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PF call is something else I'm not so sure about, but against this opponent I went with this play b/c he was much more aggressive PF, less so ATF.

Them's the breaks I guess.