Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Angry Woman

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, you've done nothing wrong. The sane world recognizes this and accepts that you don't dig shopping for women's shoes. However, the female world (i.e. your gf) will probably never forgive you for this.

If you want to be "the man" tell her how childish she's being if it comes up again. Don't be the one to bring it up though. If you want to avoid pointless groveling, arugements and such send her some flowers and go shopping when she wants you to as long as it's within reason. Good luck.

Cheers,

deacsoft

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I realized right off that I am in a lose-lose situation.

Maybe its time to go "girlfriend shopping".
Old 06-05-2005, 07:50 PM

I don't think you give quite enough info for an accurate answer. You said

She came to spend the weekend with me

How far apart do you live?
Do you regularly spend weekends together?
Was her leaving for work the end of the spending the weekend together or was she going back to your place after work?

Disclaimer: Although I am 12 years older than you, I am on my 3rd wife, thus I am no expert. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't stand up for your right not to go shoe shopping now, you'll be going shoe shopping for the rest of this relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how long you've been seeing this broad but you need to lay the ground rules early so you don't spend the rest of your life a lap dog.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you give quite enough info for an accurate answer. You said

She came to spend the weekend with me

How far apart do you live?
Do you regularly spend weekends together?
Was her leaving for work the end of the spending the weekend together or was she going back to your place after work?

Disclaimer: Although I am 12 years older than you, I am on my 3rd wife, thus I am no expert. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey we learn through failure. I give you a lot of credit for going back to the well a third time.

We live about an hour apart and we reguarly spend the weekends together.

She came back sunday morning but I got the cold shoulder then she went to sleep. I went out in the afternoon before she woke up and gave her some time to get her bearings. I came back about an hour before she had to go to work again and she still wasn't talking to me.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't stand up for your right not to go shoe shopping now, you'll be going shoe shopping for the rest of this relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

^ 100% truth
Old 06-05-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She came back sunday morning but I got the cold shoulder then she went to sleep. I went out in the afternoon before she woke up and gave her some time to get her bearings. I came back about an hour before she had to go to work again and she still wasn't talking to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My six year old exhibits similar behaviour in order to manipulate me into giving her what she wants.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My six year old exhibits similar behaviour in order to manipulate me into giving her what she wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she is usually a little more mature. i felt that her reaction was way out of line with the situation thats why I posted this to see if my perception was accurate. I thought maybe there was something I was missing.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now she is furious with me because I left for AC early instead of going shoe shopping with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder she's divorced.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:31 PM

I agree this definitely seems over the top from her, but I don't find it surprising. Different people have different ways of feeling important, and if hers is you spending some time with her shopping, than you should probably do it(in moderation, of course). Only point i'm making is you need to find out what is really most important to her and do that, if you want it to work. If she is wanting something you just don't want to or can't give, then fold.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now she is furious with me because I left for AC early instead of going shoe shopping with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder she's divorced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we all have our issues but I see your point. One of the reasons I posted this is that this is very out of character for her. It caught me quite off guard and left me wondering if there was something to it I wasnt seeing.