Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Play along with Chesspain\'s JJ vs. two TAGs...

How tight have you been, how tenacious are they postflop with overcards, how have they been adjusting for position with their opening & 3-betting. Your decision should incorporate all of these, and if you don't have confident answers, I'd rather fold.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How tight have you been, how tenacious are they postflop with overcards, how have they been adjusting for position with their opening & 3-betting. Your decision should incorporate all of these...

[/ QUOTE ]

You did see where I said:

[ QUOTE ]
Both players had TAG stats after approx. thirty hands

[/ QUOTE ].
Old 06-03-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How tight have you been, how tenacious are they postflop with overcards, how have they been adjusting for position with their opening & 3-betting. Your decision should incorporate all of these...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ].

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. That's at least 1 hour in a B&M. My reads are solid in that time.

EDIT: This is what sucks about this forum. I gave several dimensions to think about for your preflop decision and you said nothing about any of them because you only played 3 orbits. You don't even know how tight you've been?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:47 PM

i don't see how you could have a solid read on any person, especially a tight player after witnessing only 30 dealt hands...in those hands a tight player may have played only 4-6 hands and probably didn't show most of them down...
Old 06-03-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ].

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. That's at least 1 hour in a B&M. My reads are solid in that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...so assuming that an average TAG is 18/9 preflop, that means that you get "solid" post-flop reads for someone after they have played maybe six or seven hands, raised with three of them, and gone to showdown maybe once or twice?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM

Given that we're playing along here, I'm guessing you at least called.

I prefer calling to capping. I probably would fold. This is because my recent experiences with JJ versus a lot of preflop action from tight players have not been good.

If the raises came from earlier positions, I would fold without much hesitation.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Continuing the action....

Preflop: chesspain is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>...

Standard once it's heads-up? And what's my plan from this point?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer calling to capping. I probably would fold. This is because my recent experiences with JJ versus a lot of preflop action from tight players have not been good.

If the raises came from earlier positions, I would fold without much hesitation.

[/ QUOTE ]

O.K....but once the action is folded to MP2 we have now been transported to a six-max table.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:34 PM

Folds - without thinking twice. Your options suck...you are out of position and nearly every flop is going to have overs. That is if no one has a big pair. I dont know what others said but I am tight in the blinds.

I cetainly would not cap it wanting to see if the initial raiser did.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

O.K....but once the action is folded to MP2 we have now been transported to a six-max table.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only if you can assume MP2 and Button are adjusting for the fact that hand values have descended (which they should, but not everyone does, especially in the retardedly nittish $3/6), and without reads, it's hard to know one way or another. It's one of the big reasons I'm more likely to cap if I have this OTB than in the SB as well.

Rob