Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: RIVER??

No contest, hes got AQ. JT raising from early? Its possible, but so much more likely he has something else.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:49 AM

FISH.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:13 AM

So is calling preflop with 76o good when you're getting 6-1??? I never thought it was.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:22 AM

This is easy 3-bet/call-a-cap. You're beating many, many hands that a LAG would play like this.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FISH.

[/ QUOTE ]What an awful response. Moderator! Get this guy banned.

I don't think defending is the right move against an UTG raisor. 76o is just SO behind SO many hands. I know UTG is loose preflop, but I bet he's still ahead of 7-high. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On the river, playing scared of JT is silly. I think AQ and QQ both play like this. Heck, I think 99 and 88 are possible; I've seen decent players do weird things with sets. My vote's for 3-betting and calling the cap. I'm not even THAT terrified of the cap (although I wouldn't 5-bet it if given the option).
-Sam
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 AM

rmarotti,

It's 4-handed. It's against a LAG. Other than the obvious possibilities of AQ, QQ you also have Q9/Q8 or some unorthodox turn/river play with something that he thought was good on the turn. No offense intended but IMO this is a very very easy 3-bet under the circumstances and if you feel differently I'm not sure playing 4-handed is a good idea. If he showed you JT then so be it but you'll see something else well over 67% of the time here, IMO.

I'm not a fan of the flop bet either.

Chief
Old 06-03-2005, 09:30 AM

In a 4-handed game against a LAG open raise you really need to defend your BB pretty liberally. I think the preflop call is pretty standard. Someone can correct me if it's not since I play more full than short games.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:53 AM

Seems like a HUSH hand to me. Given the bizarre line taken, I'd 3-bet this 100% of the time. And I'm folding this about 0%.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:47 AM

I really think it's important to distinguish between a thinking and a non-thinking LAG here. This guy was making postflop plays all night long that indicated he was very good at putting people on hands. I was pretty sure he knew exactly why i c/raised him on the turn. Against most other opponents I agree that the river 3-bet is practically mindless. FWIW, I never see monsters in the dark. I am notorious for 3-betting second best hands. I understand that in general the 3-bet here is super easy, against this opponent its not. I didn't make this post because I wanted to brag about my read, though. I'm glad it generated some good discussion.

I called the raise and he showed JTs. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a 4-handed game against a LAG open raise you really need to defend your BB pretty liberally. I think the preflop call is pretty standard.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry. Duh. I missed the fact that it was 4-handed.
-Sam