Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: I\'m not angry...just content that this person will always be stupi

[ QUOTE ]
eek, playing the $5+1 isn't too smart. sotp paying 20% in rake, that's 10% in additional overhead

[/ QUOTE ]

It's less than that as I get rakeback. And no I'm not going to stop playing 5+1's until my bankroll hits $330.

You may call that stupid, I call it earning my stripes. I don't mind the burden of paying it as it is more incentive for me to work my way out of it and furthermore to reap the rewards of a higher ROI. Once out of it, I have then even more incentive to not go back to it.

But if you care that much feel free to give me the 80 bucks I'm trying to win so my bankroll can hit it's needed level up requirements I have established for myself.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad beat posts are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-03-2005, 12:33 AM

Seriously, I don't think you understand just how much that extra 10% in vig hurts your bottom line. If you're using the AM spreadsheet, go to your "entry fee" line and type in "$0.50" to simulate a normal 10% vig. See how much it jumps? Seriously, those $5+1s will take a solid 8-9% off of your real ROI. That's easily enough to turn you from profitable to unprofitable.

Stay in 'em if you want. Nobody's forcing you to go anywhere you don't want to. But my suggestion: Take your roll over to the $11s and rock and roll.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:49 AM

I'd go with at least 60 maybe 75 with nobody in the pot yet. 10xBB is way too much since you do want some action.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:57 AM

Some might say that paying 20% rake in a sng is WORSE than calling off all your chips with 3rd pair.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But if you care that much feel free to give me the 80 bucks I'm trying to win so my bankroll can hit it's needed level up requirements I have established for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a deal:
- I give you 80 bucks now.
- You stop playing below 10+1 on Party Poker.
- You give me 10% of your buy-ins for the next year at the 11s SNGs and up.

I'm open to negotiation.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I don't think you understand just how much that extra 10% in vig hurts your bottom line. If you're using the AM spreadsheet, go to your "entry fee" line and type in "$0.50" to simulate a normal 10% vig. See how much it jumps? Seriously, those $5+1s will take a solid 8-9% off of your real ROI. That's easily enough to turn you from profitable to unprofitable.

Stay in 'em if you want. Nobody's forcing you to go anywhere you don't want to. But my suggestion: Take your roll over to the $11s and rock and roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply will not play any game where my roll is less than 30x the buy in. I hit a bad run of luck on the 11s and poof...there goes my bankroll. I'll hang out where I am for now. Even if I continue to break even, just by rakeback alone I'll be playing 11s in two months.

However, as my skill increases, I feel that I'll be there much sooner. Like you said, no one is forcing me. All I'm asking for you to do is accept my decision on this even if you wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I can live with the fact that it's a "stupid" decision.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:41 AM

So deposit another 150 bucks or whatever. It's a no brainer if you wanna take this at all seriously.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:47 AM

I was playing the 6s like a little over a month and a half ago with a bankroll of 100 dollars. As soon as I stopped being stubborn and stopped paying 20 % rake I shot up quick.

Now my bankroll is a little over 2.5 grand and I am 4-tabling 33s... Sure I hit a bit of a heater, but I also had a couple 20 buy-in drops.

Cash in more money.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: I\'m not angry...just content that this person will always be stupid

[ QUOTE ]
Pleased to say that it was my dying mission to conserve what little chips I had and stay in the tourney longer than the idiot. To no one's surprise I managed to do that easily as the fool busted out pretty early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! How much more money than him did you win?

[ QUOTE ]

I managed to hang in there until there were 5 left. Then I got shut down when the SB raised me enough to put me all in. I had KJo and figured, what the hell I came this far, let me double it up again.

His JTs beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent!

People complained that you were giving a bad beat story, so you answered by giving another one.