Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Know your opponents!

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop call still sucks. What happens when one of those guys bluffs the flop and you've got three limpers behind you? You have to beat all of the players at the table, not just the ones that play poorly and have to act before you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point -- but without being too results-oriented, in this case I risked $6 ($1 preflop, and $5 on the flop with top pair) to win his $41. (Also, if it had been one of the other two villains, he would have had a full stack.) This doesn't alone justify the play, but the fact that I was able to get his stack in on the turn with an 8-5 flush draw should show you that my read was right.

If I'd missed the flop, I'd check/fold.

Obviously, if button makes a big raise, I'm not happy with this predicament -- but consider that since I am "protected" by the presence of the calling station in this pot, if button does make the raise I know that I am beat and can easily fold. I therefore conclude that I will only be called or raised by a late position player holding TPTK or better -- and as a matter of strict probability, that is far less likely than one of the EP donkeys getting involved and calling away his whole stack. Relative to potential gain, I don't think I'm risking much.

-dB
Old 06-03-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Know your opponents!

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

OHHH!!!! now I understand!

-dB