Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Checking down 99

Flair,

Thanks for the response and yes, you do make a good point about villain being slightly passive.

I think this is one that fits the category of a somewhat interesting hand that got few responses.

Chief
Old 06-01-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flair,

Thanks for the response and yes, you do make a good point about villain being slightly passive.

I think this is one that fits the category of a somewhat interesting hand that got few responses.

Chief

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is because it is one of those hands that when you are in it nothing feels right.

1. Seems too good to fold.
2. For me anyway, I feel slightly fishy calling down the whole way.

Another thing about hands like this, is that I believe they can have a pretty big impact on your table image.

All other things being equal, I would prefer not to have to show my hands here, as I think it adversly effects you on future semi-bluff attempts.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:07 PM

I like the flop 3-bet, lead turn line more than the stop-and-go line.

The two main reasons being that the flop 3-bet has a better chance of getting rid of the guy in the middle (which is awesome considering he likely has 3-6 outs against you) and the stop-and-go does indeed beg to be raised by a weaker than usual set of hands (assuming aggressive opponents).

My only hesitation in saying this is that little voice in my head reminding me about all those times I tried this stop-and-go with a monster and my opponent folded.

I'm way too busy and lazy to, but it'd be awesome if some PT Superstar did a nice analysis of those two lines (flop 3-bet, lead turn vs. flop bet/call raise, lead turn, both after you raised PF). ie, how often opponents folded , called down, raised, etc.

Luke
Old 06-01-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think it is because it is one of those hands that when you are in it nothing feels right.

1. Seems too good to fold.
2. For me anyway, I feel slightly fishy calling down the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exacly. And XXXX it I'm going to keep bumping this thread until more than 5 people chime in.

Maybe if Luke can just change the title to "Are these Stats OK?" or "Did I play these flopped quads well?". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]