Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: $55s - Getting Aggro With 88 and J9

[ QUOTE ]
I like it although I wonder how you would have handled it if someone went over the top of your flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:22 AM

I like the first hand a lot, I think people often only play these medium PPs for set value only and in a tight game like a 55 I think this is wrong.

Second hand - eh I am a little wary of AJ or a set here. I like a check/call behind, but taking the lead in the betting is maybe something I should do.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:26 AM

1)Don't care, flush draw not around or aggro often enough, etc. I bet out tons of stuff anyhow.

2)You're both semibluffing with extra outs and preventing the occasional 6 (namely A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 86) from drawing.

When the 2 hits, you're ahead of a flush draw and behind most of his other potential hands. I will often check and call a reasonable bet (for when A8 gets frisky) but fold to a big one. The times I give a free card to a flush draw are outweighed by the QJ's that won't fold to a push anyway.