Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Defending SB with 77.

i think a very aggressive player (probably not the standard TAG) could 3bet the flop with something like AK, depending on what he interpretted SW's cr to mean. FLop c/r's sometimes look weak.

if player is really aggressive, I dont really want to cr with the intension of laying down to returned fire. that kind of plan would be more informative/productive vs a less aggressive kind of player.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:50 PM

Perfect, now let's talk about scare cards.

How are you reacting to an A, a K, a Q, a J? Q then J? Will a club make a difference?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:56 PM

i dont think a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] makes much difference. Id fold to an A. Call down the rest, unless it came runner runner. I would fold to runner runner broadway.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Results

Villain showed A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG.

Sanity check: Villain's river bet is something I would never do. Yet it is very popular at 5/10 and many of its practitioners don't seem to be complete idiots. Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Results

The only time it would make sense is if you suspect opp may be calling you down with a weaker A.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:29 AM

I don't think it's a good thing if you'll never make an AK high value bet on the river. In some situations it's a no-brainer play.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain showed A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG.

Sanity check: Villain's river bet is something I would never do. Yet it is very popular at 5/10 and many of its practitioners don't seem to be complete idiots. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make that bet fairly often if the other player has just been checking and calling the whole way and the board hasn't developed into much of anything. I figure sometimes I'll get another AK to fold and sometimes I'll get a hand like AQ to call and this outweighs the times that an opponent plays some other reasonable hand this way, which is really quite rare.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:53 AM

I will frequently CR this turn and bet the river, but it really depends on the opponent's capping standards. The line you took is fine.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only time it would make sense is if you suspect opp may be calling you down with a weaker A.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are some things that make you suspect that you are being called down by a weaker ace vs. something like a small peice of the board or a baby pp?

I just ask cuzz i rarely valuebet umimproved overs with position.

Edit: O I see Balkii's new thread.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't bet, they can't fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. It's also a value bet against some, but probably not here -- your hand screams "I'm holding on for dear life with a tiny pocket!". Nice hand, by the way.