Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: if you lack the funds to cover a small neteller deposit

[ QUOTE ]
you should probably be looking into a JOB instead of online poker - playing with money you don't have is no way to establish yourself as a legitimate player(ie you will play scared and you will lose)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a full time JOB. Monday-Friday, 8-4. I just don't get paid until Wednesday.

Once I get paid I will have plenty of cash.

It is most definitely money I can afford to loose. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:46 PM

So let's review. You essentially write a hot check to Neteller. You transfer money you don't have from Neteller to a poker site. You assume you'll get your paycheck on time. You assume you will be able to get to the bank to deposit your paycheck in time. You assume that your bank will give you immediate credit on that paycheck. You assume that this will give you sufficient funds to cover the Neteller transfer before it hits your bank. Yeah, you're definitely playing with money you can afford to lose.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So let's review. You essentially write a hot check to Neteller. You transfer money you don't have from Neteller to a poker site. You assume you'll get your paycheck on time. You assume you will be able to get to the bank to deposit your paycheck in time. You assume that your bank will give you immediate credit on that paycheck. You assume that this will give you sufficient funds to cover the Neteller transfer before it hits your bank. Yeah, you're definitely playing with money you can afford to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

At the time of my deposit, I had more than enough money in my bank account. However, I was under the impression that the money was taken from my bank account right away, so I checked my bank account balance after I had made the Neteller deposit, and pretty much thought, "Alright, it took the cash from my account, and I still have enough money in this account". So I didn't really give much thought to conserving money, because I thought my "debt" had been paid off, and the money already taken from my bank account.

Following that, I had an expensive road trip where I spent a lot of money on gas, and only after that, I found out that Neteller doesn't take the money out of your account for a few days, so my bank balance wasn't reflecting the deposit I made. With fees and everything, I wasn't certain if the money left in that bank account would be enough to cover all the costs, so...

I immediately went and put the extra money in my bank account to cover it.

Please don't tell me what money I can and cannot afford to lose. Considering you have no idea of myself and my financials, you really have no grounds for argument.

Now that I know how Neteller works with these deposits, I won't have anymore issues.