Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet

Just play a few orbits, and you should be able to withdraw without losing any of the stacked bonuses. If you dont play, they'll sit on your request, then deny it two or three days later. As long as you play a little, you'll be fine.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 AM

UB has some of the best tournaments out there.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:12 AM

UB is my favorite place to play. I especially liove that the SNG's have 1500 chips and 10 minute blinds. Makes it a little more skill-oriented and you can mix it up a little bit early to build a stack without worrying about bleeding away precious chips. The MTTs are the best I've seen as well.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:00 AM

I deposited for a bonus, withdrew shortly thereafter without playing, got my withdrawal in their typical 2 business days, , and deposited again a few days later after doing a bonus at another site and my UB bonus $ were still there.

Edit...I did leave like $10 in the account however, so that might be a work around without playing?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:09 AM

I am at .50/1

The games are tighter and much more aggressive than PP. More bluffing/semi-bluffing with 2nd pairs and strong draws it seems thus far. It's a nice stop after killing Party's .50/1 for 10k hands or so and you want to adjust to a tougher level of play without moving up in betting limits.

The software is quick and efficient. The chairs are kind a stupid though. I think it is still more visually appealling/relaxing than Party's aweful interface.

Cashouts took a god aweful long time. WTF takes 2 days? Is the money hidden under their mattress or something?

Bonuses take a god aweful long time to clear as well. I cleared a couple hundred bucks in bonuses from PP in a couple thousand hands. Over at UB I've played 3,000 hands and still haven't cleared the $100 may re-load. I'm withdrawing a second time before clearing the bonus to go clear a bonus at a different site. They do have them quite often these days, but what's the point if it takes an average guy over a week to clear it?
Old 05-31-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of Ultimate Bet

Pro's and Con's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pros - pretty frequent issue of bonuses which never expire even if they aren't the very easiest to clear at low limits, decent player points reward system, fast software, reliable cashouts, and I got to watch Phil Helmut lose $25,000 in about 30 minutes playing heads up O8, you can't beat that.

Cons - Their cards are too little! Others have mentioned this and this has bugged me since the first time I played there.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:01 AM

Just opened up an account there on Thursday after my Party rakeback was revoked. Have played about 1500 hands on 1/2 6 max since I started, so everything I say is based on that:

Pro: Very fast software.

Con: You can't pick what position your seat is in the interface. You are always on the bottom, which stinks for me since I have a little overlap on tables and I 3-table. I could be missing something, but I haven't figured out if I can change that or not.

Pro: It works with pokertraker and gametime+, using ultimatehistory.

Con: You have to explicitly click on the hand history for every table that you open, making it pretty easy to miss a few hands if you forgot to do it.

Pro: Opponents at 1/2 6 max are just as bad if not worse than the 1/2 6 max opponents at Party 1/2 6 max.

Con: Every time the hand history is pulled, it takes the focus. This makes berating the table coaches a bit of a pain, since you're constantly losing focus.

Overall, I've been very happy with the switch. Even more so seeing what previous posters have had to say about the 2/4 6 max game, since I'll be moving there soon.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:08 AM

$2/$4 6max people suck.

Did I say they suck? I am sorry they are worse than suck.

They aren't fishes by any means, but they still are down right awful.

You will win huge pots with monsters...just avoid small pots with ok holdings---they are very LAGGY, so equity after the flop compared to cost of seeing a show down might not be worth it.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-31-2005, 11:17 AM

Yes, 2/4 6-max is lag city. I generally have 1-2 at each table. Here's one of my favorite hands. Villain is huge lag that overplays all his hands:

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 25 BB

Results in white below:<font color="white">
Button has Jc Tc (one pair, aces).
Hero has Kd As (full house, aces full of kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 25 BB.</font>
Old 05-31-2005, 01:12 PM

UB is my favorite site.

They rake the pots sooner than party but do it in small increments.

I have not been able to beat the party limit games, UB games are a much better fit for my style and a little less variance.

The only draw back is that they don't have many PLH games going, and only a few Omaha8b games and PLO games at each level.