Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Ted Forrest out of line?

Ted seems like a class act.

If anyone deserves to be criticized for lame comments at that table, it would have to be the Canadian guy, Hairypies Vulgarian. He would make some lame crack under his breath, then come back right afterwards and say "NH".
Old 05-27-2005, 04:24 PM

Yeah that dude got on my nerves too. It seemed to me like he was your classic guy who loves when people call with bad hands and he wins but when they call with bad hands and outdraw him he would criticize their play.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:57 AM

I really don't think Forrest said anything worth making a big deal over. Harabalos should get off easy too, considering what he had to put up with. Below is an account from someone who attended the event:

[ QUOTE ]
The Grinder's crew was unbeleivably rude, obnoxious and out of line. There must have been about 20-30 of them and TV didn't show the half of it. They were shouting obscenities and Linda Johnson had to ask them to quiet down about three different times. Once it got heads up, they were taunting Harabalos and making fun of his suit, pink tie, etc. I was actually getting upset with them myself and was hoping Harabalos would take it down just to shut them up. They showed no class whatsoever and at one point Harabalos asked Grinder "What's up with your boys? Why are they so rude?" Grinder just shrugged. If Harabalos came off [censored] at all it was because he was obviously upset from being taunted by Mizrachi's crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we forgive him now?
Old 05-28-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that dude got on my nerves too. It seemed to me like he was your classic guy who loves when people call with bad hands and he wins but when they call with bad hands and outdraw him he would criticize their play.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's funny...i have the same feeling about you. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2005, 11:38 AM

how can statement of fact be out of line?
Old 05-28-2005, 02:31 PM

I had a feeling Mizrachi's "boys" might have been more of a presence than the WPT showed. I really have to say that a group of men wildly cheering a poker hand is by far the lamest thing I've seen in several years.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a feeling Mizrachi's "boys" might have been more of a presence than the WPT showed. I really have to say that a group of men wildly cheering a poker hand is by far the lamest thing I've seen in several years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirms my belief that -- if I woke up tomorrow as a poker genius -- I would never play TV tournaments. I would lurk in the side games and smaller tournaments and play winning poker outside the limelight. F the "rocks and rings" crap ... give me patience, cunning, stealth, and guile.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hairypies Vulgarian

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flat out awesome.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:37 AM

"The Ted. I'm a Machine."
Old 05-29-2005, 02:10 PM

This question is somewhat silly imho, but I know Ted well enough to give some insight.

More than anyone you could possibly know Ted tells it how it is.......period. He analyzes situations and what happenened and why as well as anyone in gambling and that is a big part of why he is such a successful poker player.

He was just stating what I am sure the Grinder or anyone else who is about to win a WPT event would say, "I have been running good/catching big pairs at good times/winning coin flips, etc. and playing well."

I just want to again stress how literal Mr. Forrest is in his observations and analyzations in real life, so I guarantee no cheap shot from him intended, simply the truth was stated........and it takes nothing away from the Grinder or his accomplishment.

Ted was simply telling the truth, that is all.

cheers. J.Brown