Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: How much harder are the higher Sit N\' Gos?

[ QUOTE ]
At the 22s people seem to understand how to play close to the bubble

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe this at all. It isn't true at the 33s and 55s, so no way it can be true at the 22s.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:12 AM

215s and 109s are much more alike then the 55s and 109s.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:18 AM

For me the 22's are harder than the 11's for the same reason stated before...their is a bit more understanding of bubble play, hence more aggression.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:57 AM

My bankroll wont let me proove it much, but I've ran my fair share of 22's and 11's (I'm an 11 player because I like to cash-out bi-weekly to pay my car payment) But my %'s go up when I run 22's, not sure why because I never change my general standards when I'm jumping limits, I'm thinking it's just because I play a fairly good game, and the 11 players arent up to par with basic skills, like starting hands, pot odds, etc. The 11s are almost as bad as the 6's in my opinion. I've had such a bad run at them since my last cash-out that i'm stuck peddling $25NL... I think if your SNG strategy is a well played game that 22's are best...
Old 05-27-2005, 04:30 AM

u suck
Old 05-27-2005, 04:50 AM

Ive played a lot of 10+1s at pokerroom, a fair few 20+2s and a couple of 30+3s. To be honest, ive noticed very little between them.

Its true they are a little harder in that players will hand around a bit longer, but your $/hr will outweigh your slight dip in ROI in moving up. If you can beat the 10+1s, you can probably beat the higher levels.

As for beatability in relation to party, i think, though dont have the numbers yet, that they are more profitable than the equivalent buy in over there.

The addition of 700 chips means that there is a lot more flop play, and less all in play. This gives the better player a much wider edge over a weaker player.

Basicly, short stack poker tends to lead players to all in poker, and even the better players only have a small edge when all the chips move preflop. Dont get me wrong, party is still profitable to the nth degree, but having more flops at higher blinds mean you can move chips with more certainty of where your at. More streets increase the chances of them making a mistake a lot more often.

And, as you should be aware, it is mistakes that define the winners in poker.

To bring it back to one sound bite, the only factors that should stop you moving up are confidence and bankroll; and confidence can be easily overcome by taking the odd shot at the higher level.

Phill
Old 05-27-2005, 06:43 AM

About this much
Old 05-27-2005, 06:51 AM

So is the concensus that moving up from the 11s to the 22s should result in similar results ROI-wise? My ROI sucks (15%) but my sample size is even worse (only 49 recorded games although I played more before I staretd tracking) so I feel that it would naturally be at least 20% and possibly more. If I can expect about the same level of competition at trhe 22s I may as well move up, right?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 AM

Confidence is as key as your bankroll.

You can track results and get a quantitative confidence, but this takes a long time. Or you can just move up for a few, with the intention of dropping down if you take a big hit.

This is the way ive gone recently.

Its your roll, so ultimately you must decide, but the difference between the 11s and 22s is so small that if your true ROI takes a hit of a few points, which long term is expected, your true $/hr will increase due to the increased returns per tourney.

Not sure who said it, but when it was written a few weeks back that if you wanna move up, just get a bankroll and do so, that person was right.

Nothing wrong with taking shots and being wrong that you can beat the level. Just dont worry bout denting your pride by dropping back down to re-group if your roll takes a hit.

Phill
Old 05-27-2005, 08:35 AM

I have switched from party to stars lately and definitely love the bigger stacks.

- Losing 500 chips on the first round doesn't cripple me.
- I often go all-in with my opponent drawing dead or drawing to two outs.
- My ITM % shot up from 35% to 56%
- You can raise pre-flop, bet the flop and still have a lot of fold equity on the turn and the river.

The net result is that I'm up over $1000 this month.

paperboy