Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: New Party T&C\'s on Pop-up

It does mean different screen names, that's what my email asked originally (and my Empire and Party accounts were both set up when such things were not discouraged by the software)

Lori
Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 AM

I think this is not what people are thinking some way of controlling the players I think its more about forcing the skins out. Although there is will be some sort of bonus abuse protvtion element behind it.

We seem to be seeing the slow strangulation of the skins business, if you have 1 account its going to be at party as they have the jackpot tables, better tournaments etc etc. Every recent change they have implemented to me seems designed to get people away from the skins and onto party and the features havent been shared with the skins.

I suspect they plan to get Empire into a position where they can buy them out or that they feel they cannot continue.

With Party floating they are becoming more ruthless in protecting their business and I dont see what Empire brings to the table for them (Coral I can with the links to the sports betting).
Old 05-26-2005, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I think it's very clear what they are doing here.

I had the same set up as you did with Party and Empire. Once it hit the fan with Empire accounts being closed recently, I dropped Empire immediately. I'd rather still have the ability to play at Party, than push the envelope to whore Empire once a month.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I cashed out anyway, because I'm like that, but I think you can read that email several ways for those who are a bit less paranoid than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori, your usually the level-headed "get all the facts" kinda' gal when conspiracy theories drop.

Now I'm getting a bit paranoid. Won't be depositing at multiple skins for the time being.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:11 AM

if they didn't want a change the wouldn't make changes. I think they are trying to limit the number tables played by good players that profit from the site, and keep that money cerculating. Only thing that makes much since givin what they are saying. So ya, they may have a problem with players that profit long term playing 12 tables. BUT, if you are a losing player, I doubt they'd say a word.

you should be fine....

Steve
Old 05-26-2005, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say they can do basically whatever they want, what retribution do they have to fear? I doubt anyone is going to try to take legal action against them in another country.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not exactly hard to take legal action against them in Gibraltar even from the USA, and it's totally trivial for any EC citizen.

If they grab your cash you don't even have to take legal action, just contact the gaming commision in Gibraltar.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:17 AM

WTF difference does it make to Party if the player is a winner or loser?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:18 AM

I always find it funny that people here talk about Gibraltar in the same breath as places like Costa Rica, the West Indies and Belize.

Lori
Old 05-26-2005, 08:22 AM

I stand corrected.

I'm just assuming that most people wouldn't bother trying to legal action in Gibraltar (or any other country) if they had a few hundred dollars confiscated. The cost to do this would far exceed the money confiscated in most cases, I'd think. Most wouldn't pursue that avenue for this reason.

If contacting a gaming commission is non-trivial, then that's an avenue that could work. However, if you break Party's T&C, would you have a leg to stand on, even with a gaming commission?

Let's hope this confiscation of funds never happens to anyone...
Old 05-26-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always find it funny that people here talk about Gibraltar in the same breath as places like Costa Rica, the West Indies and Belize.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

All the same to me. FAR.