Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Question re: GameTime+ & Notes

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't need to export stat notes from PT as the stats will be on view anyway with GT+ or PV.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was unable to get GT+ to work with PokerTracker on PokerStars. The Notes are the convenient alternative for me.

[ QUOTE ]

If you are making notes on players' style offline then you really are taking small stakes NL too seriously -

[/ QUOTE ]I do take it seriously (as I think most 2+2ers do). It's probably more important when the stakes are higher, but I do plan on moving up again (so are lots of the people that I'm playing with and recording).

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest i hardly use notes at all these days as the pool of players at Party $100's is just so huge

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but it's still helpful to take notes on the regulars. If someone outright bluffs you a couple of times on the river, I think that's worth a note.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Question re: GameTime+ & Notes

It sounds like you are probably getting carried away with note taking. Taking detailed notes about a particular hand is not going to do you any good, since the player may not play it the same way next time. Unless you've seen him play the same hand the exact same way multiple times, it doesn't deserve a note. What you should be using the note keeping for is just a players general style, which even that now seems less important since GT+ will paint you a pretty good picture of that players style anyways. I find myself not even really using the notes anymore other than to note really bizarre plays.

To the poster who can't get GT+ working with PS, you need to have PS auto-send your HH to your hard drive. Than you just set PT to auto-import from that directory. It works exactly like Party.