Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: QQ when 2 A flop

[ QUOTE ]
Only K8 is drawing to 5 outs as I can see it. I don't see why we want SB out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Most of the time the pair of 8s is just going to have 2 outs against you.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:50 AM

Raise. If 3bet I'll fold, if bet into on the turn I'll fold. Bet the turn, fold to a check raise. Check behind on the river (fearing a check raise, or someone calling down with a weak ace, worried we have the higher one, like AK). I would not value bet this on the end. I think that's my line...

I don't think we can simply fold, and just calling puts us in a situation for a very pricey showdown that might have been avoided. Raising is the only option, IMO.

Also, if the SB is willing to call two I'm rethinking my plan. I might just check on the turn and see if anyone wants to bet the river (at which point I honestly have to consider a fold). I don't mind giving a free turn card because anyone who doesn't already beat me on the turn is a either a monster underdog (who made a huge error putting bets in on the flop), or has the flush draw is correct to call anyway (though yes, if we knew for a fact that they had the flush draw and not an A then we would want to bet, because our share of equity at the time is much greater than theirs).
Old 05-25-2005, 07:45 AM

moot, i think i agree with you on most points. i think the only thing i disagree with is to fold to a 3-bet. i'd probably call the 3-bet and see what happens on the turn.

i'm tempted to call down, but a 3-bet on the flop with a pair of 8s or flush draw is a bit aggressive IMO, signaling a LAG/MANIAC, which even in 10 hands, i think you would see. but if bet into on the turn after a 3-bet flop, i think i'd let it go...again w/o a read.

and if you decide to check behind on the turn and fold when bet into on the river seems weak to me. either bet the turn and fold to a c/r or check turn and check/call river.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise. If 3bet I'll fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt fold the flop to a 3 bet. Just call one more small bet.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:39 AM

I call this down, usually bet if checked to.

If you had a read you could raise the flop and fold if 3 bet which would save you about 1BB, that wouldn't look good on your table image, though.

I don't like laying this down without a read, and the only card you're worried about is a king. I'd rather let him bluff and not run the risk of folding the best hand against an unknown.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Blinds at the microlimits love to lead out against a preflop raiser when the flop is paired, as some kind of lame ass bluff attempt.

I raise the flop, and go from there.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:17 PM

I would raise here. It is a bit of a dangerous flop and I want to find out if i'm ahead while it's cheap. If SB cold calls 2 bets you might be in trouble. If BB calls down flop and turn i'd probably take the free showdown.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:43 PM

...raises. If he 3bets, I call, turn a Q and c/r his ass.

-Jaran