Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Errrrrrr.. Who calls this?

I don't know. If I had the boat I obviously call.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know. If I had the boat I obviously call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that was the question. The point of the question though is you can make a mental distinction for yourself about how you'd play the hand versus how villian played the hand. If you can articulate this then you can apply it in future hand situations.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is a preflop raise followed by check-call, check-call, all in unlikely for a full house?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm refering to the pre-flop play and likely holdings. Do you consider a mini-raise with 99 with EP limpers a good play?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:28 PM

I would have reraised pre-flop, but I understand your call in position with a powerful drawing hand. Everything after, including your eventual fold, seems legit.

I know that it makes me the mark of a thinking player in certain situations, but when a player who plays that passively on the flop and turn comes alive on the river, I usually give him credit for a real hand.

His preflop raise doesn't really make sense for any hands the way I would play them, but I can see how some one more loose and aggressive than I would min-raise in that situation with any drawing hand to try to buy the button. Unfortunately 88, 99, & KQs fit this preflop description.

Flop and Turn indicate 88 or 99 much more often (~75%+ of the time) than KQs.

I'm folding.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that was the question. The point of the question though is you can make a mental distinction for yourself about how you'd play the hand versus how villian played the hand. If you can articulate this then you can apply it in future hand situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what ANY of this means. You asked if I call with 99. Yes, I call with 99.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm refering to the pre-flop play and likely holdings. Do you consider a mini-raise with 99 with EP limpers a good play?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I don't consider Villain a good player. I've seen lots of people minraise with random pocket pairs. The number of people at these limits that don't know how to bet their hands properly is astounding.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:47 AM

why would the villain push all-in on the river when you've been betting the whole way? i think if he has a boat with 99 or 88 he raises you on the turn or let's you put money in on the river and checkraises you in. if he really has a boat, how often does he think you will call his all-in bet? why not just make a pot-sized bet or approx half your stack if he has you beat?

i think most likely he has a worse K or even AK and wants to push you off your K. if you think about the hands he will minraise with preflop, i think AK is very likely. i mostly see people minraising preflop with big aces and either AA or KK.

i would definitely call here.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, you would definitely get broke here. Good fold.

As I see it, Villain isn't going to be bluffing into strength when you've been betting the whole way. You have the most obvious hand possible, namely, trip kings. He's not pushing unless he can beat it. Also consider that there are 6 ways he can have a set and only 1 possible way to have the remaining king.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, you would definitely get broke here. Good fold.

As I see it, Villain isn't going to be bluffing into strength when you've been betting the whole way. You have the most obvious hand possible, namely, trip kings. He's not pushing unless he can beat it. Also consider that there are 6 ways he can have a set and only 1 possible way to have the remaining king.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point (that villain probably puts hero on K). however, if i put someone on a K and i know i can beat it, i let that player put more money in on the river, rather than the (perhaps remote) possibility of hero folding and not winning any more money. in which case, the hero does the correct fold. i suppose villain is only thinking on the first level, that is, hey that guy has a K and there's no way he will fold so let's go all-in.

i guess there will be times (and have been) where the boat pushes in and i call and lose. that's why we're discussing it i suppose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2005, 03:57 AM

You have only $74 left on the river. Call unless your opponents is a tight nutpeddler.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what ANY of this means. You asked if I call with 99. Yes, I call with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I asked if you'd call 1/2 a pot sized bet with the hand you had. Is there a size that you would call? Why would I ask if you'd call with 99? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I don't consider Villain a good player. I've seen lots of people minraise with random pocket pairs. The number of people at these limits that don't know how to bet their hands properly is astounding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind Skeme, good hand. Did you have a question about the hand since you already were convinced of the answer to the title of your post?