Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Nut flush draw, big pot, now what?

Given the preflop raise, I think it's likely that MP is slightly ahead with AK, AQ, KK, QQ, or JJ. He could be way ahead with TT. 77 is another possible hand, if he's tends to raise preflop with medium pairs in LP. Since you are most likely behind and you are getting the correct odds, I would just call and see the turn. I don't like pushing because I think MP will certainly call you with a better hand. Why put all of your chips at risk on a draw?
Old 05-24-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why put all of your chips at risk on a draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds straight forward but by no means is.

You have to take into account the pot odds, implied odds and folding equity.
I am not saying that pushing here is definitely right. However, it is a possibility that cannot be dismissed out of hand.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:08 PM

Yes. I didn't mean to make a blanket statement. I'm focusing on MP who has just $25 left. I think he has a better hand and that he is not folding if I push. I think calling keeps everyone around. Pushing might make the other callers fold (reducing the implied odds).

What is your move here?
Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 PM

I think calling would be incorrect here. You would want at least a reraise if not a push.

Why not reraise 10 if you don't want to push? With 40 in the pot, You are getting 4-1 pot odds to call and 1.81:1 to make your flush by the river. I would say push or at least reraise 10. If they don't push all-in and call your reraise, you will have more money in the pot if your club comes on the turn and will probably extract more money out of your opponents than if you push on the turn with 3 clubs on the board.

Z
Old 05-24-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
push

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, bad advice with a pre-flop raise, lead bet and two callers on the flop. Bad bad bad.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...With 40 in the pot, You are getting 4-1 pot odds to call and 1.81:1 to make your flush by the river. I would say push or at least reraise 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay. I now see why a push isn't as bad as I originally thought. I was only thinking about my odds of making the flush on the turn only. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:47 AM

push and hope they all call !!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I didn't mean to make a blanket statement. I'm focusing on MP who has just $25 left. I think he has a better hand and that he is not folding if I push. I think calling keeps everyone around. Pushing might make the other callers fold (reducing the implied odds).

What is your move here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is now 40, and you have 43 left.
You are almost certainly going to get mp to call for his 25, and you already have TWO players who are quite happy to call a raise and a full pot bet on that board.

Its *possible* that your A is an out (if the other dudes fold, and raiser has KK-JJ). So you *might* be 50/50 if only the pf raiser calls, and if either one of them calls then you are getting the correct odds to draw to your flush. If both call then its bonanza time.

PUSH - the worst situation for you is to call the 10, have to get your remaining money in at 4/1 on the turn.

See two cards ... PUSH PUSH PUSH :-)
Old 05-25-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...Its *possible* that your A is an out ...See two cards ... PUSH PUSH PUSH

[/ QUOTE ]
...fold equity, I can see clearly now. I was only thinking one card ahead. Thanks for the input.