Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Attention 8+ tablers

I'm willing to give up the profit from continously 8 tabling and just stick to doing it in sets. If I was doing it continuously I'm sure it would negatively impact my play, and reduce my overall quality of life.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:44 AM

"There are so many more real decisions at the bubble that may require thought."

Like curtains said these are automatic. The more you encounter these situations, the less you have to think (until you get to the point where you look and click within half a second). I'm fine when most are on bubbles. It's when you go well and are mostly HU that it becomes a rush for me (simply because your turn comes up as quick as you can push).
Old 05-24-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget sets, forget staggering. Contiuously is where the profit is (an extra 15% is an extra 15%). Seriously though, playing countinuously or >4 tables isn't for everyone. If you can't get used to running 8 contiuously after being up there for weeks, there's a good chance that it just isn't for you. BUT, and a big but (no joke), it sounds like you tried to move from 4 to 8 tables pretty fast. Try going back to 4 (or wherever you feel comfy running continuously) and just adding 1 at a time until you are comfortable. Then add another etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, this doesnt work....i waited tables for over 5 years. having 6 tables of guests that all have individual needs is much more difficult than making decisions at 8 poker tables (which tend to be almost automatic). i guess i actually could play continuously if i tried, but i rather enjoy the slight break in between in which i reflect upon my play/read responses to threads/check email etc. furthermore, (not to shoot you down or anything) i find that i kinda get bored when 4 tabling.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:55 AM

I find continuous is much easier for me, because there will always be a time when some of my tables don't need much attention.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:59 AM

"I'm willing to give up the profit from continously 8 tabling and just stick to doing it in sets."

I actually agree. When I come back to playing SNGs seriously again (I'm playing cash games atm, and will come back to sngs unless my cash game hourly rate becomes more attractive), I'll just play them in sets. It doesn't feel like a race or grind. Playing a few ITM games (which is average for 8 tabling) is much more enjoyable than having 2 early games, 4 4-6 handed and 2 ITms going. Sacrificing some EV in order to make working more enoyable. I think that's why I got bored with sngs in the first place. So obsessed with playing XX sngs an hr, XX sngs a day and ignored job satisfaction. Hourly rate doesn't matter to me if I don't like my job, since I won't put in the hours. Do what makes you happy.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:05 AM

"i guess i actually could play continuously if i tried, but i rather enjoy the slight break in between in which i reflect upon my play/read responses to threads/check email etc."

Then that's fine. I got the impression you were looking to play 8 contiuously. Do what makes you comfortable/happy. Like I wrote in my reply to curtains, I enjoy sngs when I play in sets, but don't when I play continously. Playing continously has burnt me out (bored not tired).
Old 05-24-2005, 05:08 AM

Because I'm not 100% working on increasing my hourly rate at the moment, I 4-table in sets. However, I'm perfectly capable of 4-tabling continuously, and will do so if I get bored enough.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I'm not 100% working on increasing my hourly rate at the moment, I 4-table in sets. However, I'm perfectly capable of 4-tabling continuously, and will do so if I get bored enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont feel like getting into too much depth on this subject, but you really need to examine your reasoning on this statement.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont feel like getting into too much depth on this subject, but you really need to examine your reasoning on this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will when the Jäger wears off. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will when the Jäger wears off. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao