Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's more annoying?
Questions that could be answered by using the search function 7 7.61%
The tirade of 'use the search' responses to questions that could be answered using the search 26 28.26%
Using the not so useful search function 38 41.30%
Stupid polls 21 22.83%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Final Table Situation - KQ in BB

At this stage I would prefer to get my money in first rather than re-raising so would probably fold and hope that a better opportunity arose. I am on the small blind next and a fold would leave me short stacked but not at death's door. I can see merit in going all-in play but given the (estimated) chip stacks of DD and Button Raiser it is pretty likely that BR is going to call. I can't see much, if any, justification for calling in DD's position.

As usual in these discussions, it is difficult for the original poster to fully explain the situation and his regard for the raiser's ability/style of play. It may well be that if I witnessed the whole game from Dave's point of view it would be a clear all-in.

Regards
WS
Old 05-23-2005, 02:17 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to think that the button raiser is going to call a push. First, the OP stipulated that the button has been stealing lots of blinds. Thus, he could have 72o for all we know. Second, the raiser only has about twice as many chips. Is he really going to call off half his stack with a marginal holding? Third, if the BB has been tightening up recently, the button may easily put him on a big hand here. When you have twice as many chips as your oponenet, you can't be so quick to put him all in or call his all in, you need to be somewhat selective. The button has to be thinking, "if I call and lose, I'll be short stacked!!"
Old 05-23-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I prefer the raise as it looks like I must have a large chunk of fold equity here, and I can't be far behind against the range of calling hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thoughts.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:19 PM

Going against everyone else that's posted here I'd call and push the flop with no ace.

Many times at final tables I see people overplaying an ace with weak kicker and they would call in this position.

Therefore you have a greater chance to get rid of an ace low/medium kicker and are likely to only be called by hands that would have called you anyway.

The only possible concern I would have would be that they were bluffing and hit top pair, but that is pretty unlikely and it's not as if you'd then be drawing dead.