Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: A10, can i fold anywhere?

the read he has is not reliable, 60 hands saying the villain has a agro factor of .5 doesn't say much. I think Hero should be showing this hand down.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:15 AM

call down. a typical player with those stats isn't betting/raising a draw on the flop. you have a strong hand to showdown- probably some Ax ragged 2 pair or 76.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Seeing this sort of activity makes me think villain has 66 or 77. I like the call down, however if he rarely raises, check-folding the turn may be the correct play.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:44 AM

I don't like 3-betting this against a fish. Players like villain are exactly the kind of people who limp PF with hands that have me dominated, and they're exactly the kind of people who flop two pair on boards like this.

Basically, villain could have any ace. I'm beating enough of them to show down, but not enough that I want to jam. Calling down seems prudent.

I would be much more inclined to 3-bet against a TAG who I knew would PFR with AJ or higher.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:00 PM

I think 3 betting this flop is good since it gives us more info about where we're at on the cheap streets rather than the expensive ones. For example, if we three bet the flop and he caps it then we have invested 3 small bets (1.5BB) to know we are behind. If this guy is beating us, I think he most likely caps it rather than waiting for the turn. If he caps this flop then we know we need to fold the turn unimproved.

However, if he just calls our three bet this could mean tons of things: flush draw, straight draw, weaker ace (perhaps two pair), stronger ace, or the occassinal set. Then lead at him on the turn. I'm thinking if he just calls our turn bet we are ahead but if he raises our turn bet (after calling the flop three bet) we are way behind in the hand and a fold might even be in order.

So by using the line you used, I don't think you can fold anywhere but if you three bet the flop and attempt to lead the turn it'll allow you to better define your hand and cost the same amount (or possibly less).
Old 05-21-2005, 12:09 PM

Ah, yes. Yet another opportunity to cite this classic.

Hint: your line is terrible.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:25 PM

Thanks for this...who am I to argue with Ed Miller hehe. So in low limit (not no limit) is it almost never correct to raise the flop for information or just not in this case?