Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Should we pre-register for WSOP prelims?

Except that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than it is for me to get money into Stars. They dont take debit cards. My credit card transactions are always blocked for "security" - resulting in the cards being locked. NetTeller is only for US/Canada and Western Union rape me so hard on the fees that it negates any saving. There's a huge amount of money to made for someone who comes up with an easy, low-cost method for moving money in and out of poker sites.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NetTeller is only for US/Canada

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea where you are....but many Europeans have neteller.

If you are having troubles in your particular country perhaps ask over in the internet-forum and someone might have some ideas.
But I definitely know that many Brits, Irish, Swedes, Danes and others use neteller.

and there was a recent thread about moving abroad where a couple of posters discussed notifying neteller ahead of time BEFORE moving to Thailand, China or Japan and if you did that everything would be fine.
So apparently neteller seems to be okay in those countries too.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I pre-registered for the first two events and sent in my money via cashier's check just to be safe. I doubt it if they will sell out (they cannot possibly have 2,000+ people for a preliminary holdem events, can they?), but I assume it will be a mad house for the first few days with huge lines, so it's probably best just to avoid the hassle.