Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: First hand and already confused . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it late for you to be up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probably. Just finished playing Halo and drinking some water before bed. Meh.

Rob
Old 05-17-2005, 03:03 AM

At least no one is gonna reply, Raise Preflop!

Raise on the flop is good, gives straights and flushes improper odds to call. But also, UTG could be betting an A5 in this situation. At this level any ace is played frequently. Don't get attched to this hand...

The turn bet is questionable. With all the callers you may or may not have the best hand. UTG looks like a hand with a 5 in it or possibly a pocket pair like 44 or 66. I highly doubt you have the best hand, in this case I think getting to showdown cheaply is your best bet. I probably check here and look to draw to one of the last two fives. I would react to a bet depending on odds/where the bet came from. The raise pretty much assures your doom, I think now you are drawing to just two fives. The 8's could be good outs but, the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] puts a flush on the board while any 8 puts three to a straight on the board, I might count 2 outs there, so calling the raise on the turn is probably correct given the odds and implied odds.

I fold this river. You have no showdown value here. Bottom pair, no kicker, a straightish board, a pair on board, you're done, fold to the first bet, and definitely do not compound the error by OVERCALLING a raise.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:31 AM

I wouldn't mind betting this flop, but there's no value in raising this hand into so many people. Not only do we have higher card redraws, but there are straights, flushes, and the fact there may be a higher 5 (or maybe even a 7) out there.