Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: did I push incorrectly?

You can't fold to shortstack's allin. It's the other big stack you have to worry about.

With that flop, if you push allin and he calls, you're slightly ahead of JJ, and about 60/40 vs AJ. I agree that those are the most likely hands for PFR.

Nothing wrong with smooth calling the short stack, and waiting for a safe turn to push.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:02 PM

lol i love how hero chooses to describe himself.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:38 AM

The fact that the all in bet is only another $170 is the only thing keeping this from being an easy fold. Had the all in been for about the size of your stack or even 2/3 this is a fold. You don't want to fall in love w/ bottom two here.
However the pot has about (135 pre+ 100+100+270) $600 in it. You're getting about 3.5:1 on a call here. You're about a coin flip vs JJ or J 10. What to do here would be based largely on your read on this player. You say that you're sure you have the all in beat. Pre-flop you put PFR on pairs JJ and above or AK and now you say definately AT or JJ. Not sure... On the other hand I agree with you that had the flop hit him he would have lead out and not want to give any free cards. Anyway with this uncertainty about the read, I might just call here but I dont like the shove. The flat call here might suggest strength to the PFR. I might even min. raise here which would suggest strength and would get PFR to fold AT AJ etc.. If the PFR came back over the top its a fold.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:14 PM

Would anyone check the flop and bet/raise a blank turn? Or is that just stupid (weak-tight)? I play the $100 buyin NL at Commerce and lose most of my money with 2 pair hands.